jtval

L5/S1 Bulge--how did you recover?

Thanks Everyone, for your comments.

I was supposed to go for surgery (for a second time) in October (last month) I refused it, again.

I've been able to walk regularly. Swimming has been sporadic.
My weight fluctuates but generally stays the same. But, I need to lose, though.

Ive been "running" approx one mile a few times a week. It's not my old routine but, I still see my chiropractor (GOOD ONE)
he adjusts me as necessary...I hide the fact that I run. I KNOW its not good for my spine but, its great for my mind.

I've learned to take the running SLOW. I stop at the very first sign of discomfort though, I haven't felt any more than normal during the run.

I have to go for a hernia surgery on wednesday. I will be home bound for two weeks. It's just about diet, during that time.

Once I get healed up, I intend to continue ab work.

My "fountain of youth" is stretching. I've let myself get away from that for a while due to pain...which only made life more painful...
I started my routine again.

So, I THINK, I'm on a good track to get back to life...without surgery.
With any luck at all, I'll be 28 again in a few years...
My photos

My Videos

My L5/S1 is about 30% there at 37 yrs of age. :S I have focused on stretching 2-3 times a day and I workout with focus on my core. In addition I also have a bed that I think has helped a lot too. (Sleep Number)

Since I have focused this way I have some days that are stiff with mild pain but overall have been doing really well. (2 years)

There are some advances in artificial disks. I am hoping that by the time my real one is gone.... this method will be a very real option.

-rts

Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

jtval

Thanks Everyone, for your comments.

I was supposed to go for surgery (for a second time) in October (last month) I refused it, again.

I've been able to walk regularly. Swimming has been sporadic.
My weight fluctuates but generally stays the same. But, I need to lose, though.

Ive been "running" approx one mile a few times a week. It's not my old routine but, I still see my chiropractor (GOOD ONE)
he adjusts me as necessary...I hide the fact that I run. I KNOW its not good for my spine but, its great for my mind.

I've learned to take the running SLOW. I stop at the very first sign of discomfort though, I haven't felt any more than normal during the run.

I have to go for a hernia surgery on wednesday. I will be home bound for two weeks. It's just about diet, during that time.

Once I get healed up, I intend to continue ab work.

My "fountain of youth" is stretching. I've let myself get away from that for a while due to pain...which only made life more painful...
I started my routine again.

So, I THINK, I'm on a good track to get back to life...without surgery.
With any luck at all, I'll be 28 again in a few years...

Not sure about "recovering." I have herniated/bulging disks in that area at 26, along with scoliosis. Probably shouldn't be skydiving and BASE jumping but you know, it's fun. It just hurts. A lot. Always.[:/]

I went through 2 surgeries, the 1st was to trim the disk and the second was an L5/S1 fusion.

I went right back to jumping after the 1st surgery but have not jumped since my fusion. That is just the fear of doing more damage, the 2nd surgery was a miserable recovery.

Anyone have any issues jumping after a fusion?
.......I hereby reject your reality and instead choose to insert my own!