canada

Below knee amputee

I really need some help. As a single leg amputee I need to get some advice on how do I position my body in the air so that I can matain stability? I don't think that I will jump with the leg on but any advice on the how's and why's would be great.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain.That is pouring like an avalanche comin' down the mountain

Welcome Back!

I can only give you my experience. In 2007 I finally reached 500 jumps. In November 2007 I became a Symes amp, and then in 2008 I became a BK amp.

Stability wasn't an issue for me, but having to counter-act a built-in turn was a slight struggle. Nothing I, or you, should have a problem with. It all comes down to muscle memory. Remember toe taps?

Whether you decide to jump with your prosthesis is up to you, but make sure you secure it to your body through some sort of harness and use a jumpsuit with booties. I have a strap attached to my leg that comes up my leg and secure it by using it as a belt. I have a pin-lock leg. There are other BK's on here so maybe they can share their info as well.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Kentucky

Does anyone have any info about above knee amputees? I have a friend that is an ak amp that wants to jump as well.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain.That is pouring like an avalanche comin' down the mountain