onearmed-bandit

aff

so anyway ive tried everyone here in australia just got off the phone to the guys in western australia n they said no they wont do it n cant b done ,is there anyone here on this site that can help? ive booked in to the singapore windtunnel this mnth to do 8 dives ive msged computer doc askin if their drop zone could accomodate just havent heard bk yet......
Life, get amoungst it!

they say that i need 2 arms to control the canopy properly n that its impossible n i should stick with tandems,i pointed to computer docs youtube link n they said well he was skydiving before the accident n that its unsafe,so im off to singapore this mnth to do some dives i'll post the vids up here wen im bk
Life, get amoungst it!

I understand you are an above the elbow. Do you use a prosthetic at all? It would certainly help. I think it is possible you to to learn to skydive, but it will be harder than for most people. Starting with wind tunnel work and tandems is definitely a good idea. It might even be a good idea to go out to your local DZ and do a tandem if you haven't yet. Getting to know the people there will make it easier for them to be open to possibilities, and harder for them to dismis you out of hand (no pun intended).

I became a right arm BE amputee in 2005 and went on to make about 500 jumps before I quit. My situation was quite different because I had about 1400 jumps when I lost my arm. I always used a prosthetic, and still have my elbow, so it was easier still.

- Dan G

MX757 is a one-armed jumper, above-elbow, who started jumping after losing his arm, I believe. He doesn't jump much any more, but he still logs in sometimes. You might want to email or PM him.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

MX757 is a one-armed jumper, above-elbow, who started jumping after losing his arm, I believe. He doesn't jump much any more, but he still logs in sometimes. You might want to email or PM him.

Wendy P.

Actually, he's a below the elbow amputee. Still has the elbow and a bit of the forearm. Shredded his arm in a motorcyle accident before he started jumping. Riding motorcycles is dangerous, yo! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

OK, I thought I remembered him saying he was above. At least I got the "before jumping" part right...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)