pookieland

TEAM DUMBASS

Ok People it's been a while since I've lasted posted anything. So here's a update on how far we have come. I made this video so it's not profesional done but I would like to thank all my friends at Z-Hills..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RJu6af4D1M
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

Ok People it's been a while since I've lasted posted anything. So here's a update on how far we have come. I made this video so it's not profesional done but I would like to thank all my friends at Z-Hills..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RJu6af4D1M

Congratulations on your progress! Show us your landings in future videos. We are interested in how those are turning out.

Awesome mate!! I'm super happy for you! this journey's been long time coming, your dedication is un-ending. :)
Keep the dream alive Pookie for all of us!

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Clicky ;)

Nice video, and yes, it's the perfect music for it.

And a belated thanks for the NY greetings. Hope your 2013 is as good as I'm hoping mine is.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Lonnie, do we know each other? Are you also in a wheelchair? Just a note, WE don't refer our selves as cripples. It just do'snt sound right, I think Gimp works best for us chair divers. I guess you can say We inherited this name. Also sorry I don't have any film of my landings. I just happen to have this video because of friends that wanted to film me plus I personally needed some close up video so I can see what I can do and what I need to work on as any diver would do. But I will keep it in mind and I am sure that someone will get a good video on my landings, and at that time I will surley post and keep you up to date. And don't take the whole cripple thing personal because I really did'nt just thought I would fill ya in on that, thats alll...
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

No we haven't met yet,....but YES I'm in a chair. I am not the politically correct type,.....and I always refer to myself as "The Cripple" I poke fun at myself and my situation because I feel life is TOO short to get worked up over such little things. If it offends you......and you prefer "Gimp" then so be it. B|

You can check out some of my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9UC0cFDCQ

Edited to add: I hope we get to jump together one day!

NEVER GIVE UP!

Its kool man, I think we all go by something. I don't really go by gimp I've just heard it some many times when refered to another wheelchair jumper. My DZ is very laid back and no one really see's my chair as an obstical which is kool. I'm known as the Black Guy...LoL so it's all good :)
Kool video by the way, Im not a base jumper. I will stick to the planes

Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

Hey Pookie, nice work dude. I Myself do not care if I am the Gimp, Cripple or differently able meat Bomb :-)
Just a couple of pointers if you don't mind. I notice that you doing a little bit of that porpoising. I used to get that too, when that happens you need to physically force yourself in to a full body "relax", this will stop the rocking and you will find the sweet spot between having enough control and keeping that rocking at bay. I also notice you went with the pool noodle idea. Just be carefully you don't end up on your back and lose a pilot chute through there, could be nasty. This was the main reason I did not go that route. The webbing also seems to give me a whole lot of stability more than I had without it. I noticed that porpoising also never seems to happen to me anymore since I started using that between the crotch webbing.
all that is gold does not glitter
not all those who wander
are lost!

Hey,

Is that you Angus? Who's Lonnie? Man things are going great on my end, flying solo is the best feeling ever. TK has taught me well. And yes I would surly like to do another down-plane again. I had a lot of fun on that jump. After we got down I didn’t realize I was supposed to be scared or something, that’s what some others had said. I was having too much fun to even think about something going bad. I think we did a good job in staying safe, you had some good directions for me to stay calm and to enjoy myself. TK told there’s gonna be a time when I’m ganna have to do a controlled cut away. I think I may get a lil nervous as anyone would, but I am looking forward to it.
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

HAHA!! I didn't actually break it on landing,...just bent the front wheels in a bit! ;) Rolled around for another week in China with it, as it was the only chair I brought with me.

I brought it back to them and Adam said he would just give me a new chair,.....but that was back in Sept. I wanted to use it for my jump at Bridge Day. The last I heard from him, he said he couldn't get parts in time for me to take it Bridge Day, and I haven't heard back from him again. [:/]

NEVER GIVE UP!

Hey There, just checked out your video. Pritty Sweet Man. 2 questions I have one is of your landing, it looked to be a parking lot. If so, was that spot a part of your game plain landing area befor going up? I know things can change during descent. I never based jump yet so I am corious. I used to wear a pair of hockey pants under my jump suit. I have since moved down to a pair of motorcross shorts. It has just the right padding. And it covers that tail bone just right. I also wear a pair of baseball catchers knee pads. I will try to find a video, if I have one of my landing. I come in slinding on my knees. Since I have a nice size chute ( Stellar 240 ) I find I can handle that really well when it comes to my flair. And the knee pads have help me more then once and I refuse to jump without them. I got a couple jumps in yesterday, been missing the air up there for a few weeks. So that was nice. Hope you had a good weekend man, keep doin what you do, cause I am... LATER!!!!
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

HaHa ( Buckweat ) LMFAO!!!!I sure will punch him in the Nuttz. He's been really busy here latly. When are you ganna be out here? Its got to be really fucking cold up there by now . Im having a lot of fun being able to jump solo now. Been learning more on each jump. I think doing CRW again would be kool . I have been hering stories about the cut away there not bad but it seemed to have woke up the people who were talking about it. I'm ready when ever TK says I am but by NO means am I look foward to it. But I'll be ready , Give me heads up befor you come out. It will be good to see you again...
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

For those interested, when pookie pooks lands he just sort of falls straight forward onto his knees and then collapses face down but catches himself with his arms. I meant to film his landings but kept getting distracted and missed him.

Oh shit. That's a recipe for bilateral broken wrists...

Oh God ( PiLFy ) you make out what works for me to be so much Drama in your words. There is No broken wrists or ankles or anything like that. There is no deadly impact or anything close to that. For the few of us wheelchaIr jumpers we had to find our own way to do things, and what may work for me may not work for someone else in my position, and visa versa. And as far as my landings I wear a nice pair of catchers knee pads. They help me slide across the ground as if sliding across the kitchen floor as I did as a kid. And some times when the wind is just right I do get a stand up landing which last for maybe less then a sec and for the people at my DZ that get a chance to see that happen it brings a smile to their face. Here are some stil pic's of my landing. My job is to have fun, don't break anything and don't die. My Instructor & My Wife would kill me if I did and thats all the drama I don't want. It's really not that bad man..
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

He jumps a large enough canopy that his landings are always soft. He has spent a ton of time under canopy with special private training. He knows how to fly it and he knows how to land it safely. There is nothing to worry about :P

And broken wrists would be better then a broken face ;p

And some times when the wind is just right I do get a stand up landing which last for maybe less then a sec and for the people at my DZ that get a chance to see that happen it brings a smile to their face.

Yup! You look like you're getting a perfect standing landing, and then "plop" lol

I would've felt horrible if you did ending up breaking both wrists in the future, & I hadn't said anything. That's why I posted that. Some states make wrist guards mandatory for inline skaters for the same reason. Too many people were ending up in the ERs w/broken wrists from catching their falls.

I'm happy as Hell that you've found a way to make things work, Pookie B|.