brandon_gears

epilepsy wait

Ask your doctor if you can do this. You are free of seizure for 6 month, but no one knows whats gonna happen once you up in the air. You may be ok jumping trough AFF - there is someone to pull for you, but what if its happen when you do solo and there is nobody to deploy for you? I don't remember the waiver that I signed, but I think it was some medical questions about Epilepsy or stuff like that. There are AFF, Tandem folks that would have no problem to jump with you, but I'm sure they will have to say no, just because if something happen they will have to deal with attorneys,lawsuits and other shit. If you say in your waiver that you don't take any medicine and you don't have any problems with your health - they will let you jump, but in this case you will be trying to foul yourself. I'm not an experience jumper nor a medic, but I will suggest you not to do it...yet.

Kind of a vague question, there are many types of seizures, some do not affect consciousness at all. Triggers are also very varied. Talk to your doctor, maybe an updated EEG on meds, consider doing a tandem first just to ensure that there are no triggers in freefall. Always jump with an AAD. Know your 'aura' pre seizure if you have one and don't be afraid to say no to be on the safe side.

I started jumping after a year of seizure freeness. Now no meds, no seizures, but mine also never affected consciousness. I could have one right in front of you and you'd never know it.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Do they say anything about meds?

And is this a rule of the Canadian skydiving association, a local DZ or of an other institution?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

And is this a rule of the Canadian skydiving association, a local DZ or of an other institution?

That's from the CSPA for CSPA DZ's, not a government rule. No mention is made of meds either way. For an affliction such as epilepsy, a yearly signoff by a doctor is also required.