bexren76

Double vision

Anyone else out there having a struggle with this one? When I first started jumping I didn't even need my specs as the double was really well controlled by my brain. Has started to go pear shaped in the last few years (that's age for you, I suppose!) and now I cannot be completely corrected even with glasses. I did not realise that I had an ongoing problem with my fusion, especially in the distance - would have been useful to know before I had a couple of bad landings and busted my coccyx! Hoping to come back to the sport after a couple of years off doing some special eye exercises to improve fusion and will have to wear glasses under my helmet as contacts can't accomodate prisms. I have also got to lose weight or buy a bigger canopy as upping my wing loading has obviously not helped when coming in to land - steeper and faster means less time for brain to my calculations. Would be really interested to know if anyone else out there is coping with similar and how you are managing. Cheers :)

Double vision can be caused by a lot of things. It's impossible to advise you without knowing more. I would suggest an evaluation by one of the docs that's a member of COVD www.covd.org as this is right up their alley. They specialize in binocular vision, fusion, vision therapy, etc, and I make a lot of referrals to our local doc that does fusion therapy, with great success.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda