shah269

Legally blind?

Legally blind?

I know it's a 1 in a million question but is there any way a legally blind person can obtain their A?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yes. I believe John Flemming and Dan Rossi both have a few hundred jumps, both are totally blind. I had a legally blind student (retinitis pigmntosa) who did very well on his first jump, no modifications for him other than where we showed hand signals.

I'm a low vision rehab optometrist, so if you can be more specific that 'legally blind' (diagnosis would be helpful at the very least) I can give a lot more information.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Hi peregrinerose,

I've recently got my girlfriend hooked on skydiving, after her long awaited tandem at crosskeys.

So she has aniridia (no irises). In the right eye, only sees a pinhole spot in the middle of a normal vision field, in the left eye 2400/20 (corrected to 70/20, blurry at times though).

Do you know of any instructors in the area who would be up for the challenge?

We live in Baltimore.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

~Matt