nogoodplanes

Vortex customer service problems

I am new to skydiving and looking for my first rig. I can get a new Vortex for not much more then a used container, but have been reading they have customer service problems or more to the point no after sale service at all! Is this still the case or was I just reading old posts and have they fixed this problem? Thanks for any help you can give me.

The company is moving from South Africa to the US. Not sure where they are in the process, so not sure what delivery times would be. mcordell is one of their dealers, might want to contact him directly.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I can assure you customer service with ParachuteSystems is top notch. And the dealer network in the US is growing and their support is great. What dealer are you looking at buying from?

And more interestingly where do you hear the customer service is a problem? Have a look at the last review on the container in the gear section: http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Detailed/431.html
Fly Your Soul, Free Your Mind!

I can promise you the customer service for parachute systems is going to exceed any expectations you have. I can promise this as a dealer because even if you ordered through someone else I would personally go out of my way to help you if you encountered an issue. I had a customer reach out to me with a concern they had about their interaction with their dealer and I worked with them even though I stood to gain nothing as a dealer.

Any customer service issues you have at all can go through me and I will ensure you are taken care of. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me on my business page at facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging, email me at [email protected], or call or text me at 316-300-7272 and I will take care of it.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

monkycndo

The company is moving from South Africa to the US. Not sure where they are in the process, so not sure what delivery times would be. mcordell is one of their dealers, might want to contact him directly.

The company is pretty far along in this process but it's still ongoing. Manufacturing facilities will be in South Carolina. I'm looking forward to everything being up and running here stateside!

nogoodplanes

I was reading posts about the vortex (on this site) and lots older posts said they had after service problems, the post were from a few years back so I wanted to know if they fixed the problem yet.

Understandable and fair enough. The best thing to do in a case like that is to reply to the old thread asking for updates. That will bump it back to the top again. Old threads never die.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I'm a dealer for them and they have always been great with me. The dealer network is growing here and they are really trying to be a bigger presence here in the US.
"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."- Helen Keller
www.AdrenalineSkyGear.com

AdrenalineGear

I'm a dealer for them and they have always been great with me. The dealer network is growing here and they are really trying to be a bigger presence here in the US.

What is their story? I've looked at the website, I see the product lineup. But why would they move from a low cost production environment in SA to the USA where they will lose the currency exchange rate advantage?

Where will the actual production of canopies and containers take place?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***I'm a dealer for them and they have always been great with me. The dealer network is growing here and they are really trying to be a bigger presence here in the US.

What is their story? I've looked at the website, I see the product lineup. But why would they move from a low cost production environment in SA to the USA where they will lose the currency exchange rate advantage?

Where will the actual production of canopies and containers take place?

I'm not 100% sure of their business strategy but moving some of their production here might help them getting known better. They might also be trying to grow their military line and from what I know about military sales they really prefer US based production. Also shipping will be a lot better from within the US it's pretty high now coming from SA. It will be in South Carolina. As far as the percentage of stuff that will be built in SC and how much will be at SA, I don't know. I have been extremely happy with them (especially the Vortex) and looking forward to see what they do over the next few years.
"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."- Helen Keller
www.AdrenalineSkyGear.com

Great for you guys, not so good for those in SA though as the prices have all gone to dollars and our currency took a dive :S

I will be interested if the prices stay the same once things are made in the USA as with a 15:1 exchange rate currently it must be cheaper to manufacture here (military gear aside)

mcordell

As far as I know at least all of their canopies will be produced here. They have completed their first ever US made canopy and I will be putting the first test jump on it soon. :)

Nice one Mike ;-) I'm sure it's a Volt!
Fly Your Soul, Free Your Mind!

Spokkie

***As far as I know at least all of their canopies will be produced here. They have completed their first ever US made canopy and I will be putting the first test jump on it soon. :)

Nice one Mike ;-) I'm sure it's a Volt!

I believe it's already shipped to me and I'm fairly certain it will be a volt but I'm not 100% sure

Hi there..i am proud owner of vortex, two hurricanes and decelator..
I am not a dealer but dozen orders went through my hands (canalized my friends' orders to dealer) and never had or heard something bad about product and/or customer service...

mcordell

I can promise you the customer service for parachute systems is going to exceed any expectations you have. I can promise this as a dealer because even if you ordered through someone else I would personally go out of my way to help you if you encountered an issue. I had a customer reach out to me with a concern they had about their interaction with their dealer and I worked with them even though I stood to gain nothing as a dealer.

Any customer service issues you have at all can go through me and I will ensure you are taken care of. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me on my business page at facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging, email me at [email protected], or call or text me at 316-300-7272 and I will take care of it.

This man speaks the truth. He was "out of his way" helpful at our manufacturers weekend. Very good to deal with folks like Mike. He even went as far as packing my new Hurricane, and showing me an easier way of packing new canopies. Also, the canopy I purchased brand new same day was half the price of most other manufacturers. I've not yet needed to deal with Parachute Systems, but I'm sure if I ever do I'll be taken care of in a timely polite manner.
Muff #5048

JerryBaumchen

Hi nogood,

Here is some recent info for everyone out there:

http://parachutesystems.com/downloads/Service_Bulletin_PSB_2016-01.pdf

They had a main 3-ring harness ring break on the 4th jump.

Jerry Baumchen

No they didn't have a ring break. The ring showed a crack after the 4th jump. There's a difference in my opinion. It's also worth noting Parachute Systems did not manufacture that ring but rather bought it from a 3rd party manufacturer. I'm sure they aren't the only rig manufacturer using those rings and yet they are the only one issuing a bulletin. The rig in question had only 4 jumps but was manufactured over a year ago. Hundreds of containers have been manufactured since this one with no reported issues with the rings. Seems like a one-off but we will know more soon. This issue has nothing to do with poor customer service.

Hi mcordell,

This issue has nothing to do with poor customer service.

I do not believe that I said anything about customer service.

I was merely conveying info that is available to the public.

And the ring did actually break, I have a photo of it. Since it is/was not my photo I will not publish it until I am told that doing so will be OK.

I'm sure they aren't the only rig manufacturer using those rings . . .

That might be quite correct. Many of us, including me, got caught up in the non-heat treated harness rings back in the 80's.

Information IMO is a good thing.

And I'm glad that Parachute Systems is all over this problem. Good for them,

Jerry Baumchen

The reason I mentioned that it's not a customer service issue is because you posted this in the vortex customer service thread rather than the thread that already existed that was about the service bulletin. I was just pointing out that the two are unrelated. I'd like to see that picture. The information I got was specifically that the ring cracked. Can you pm me?