faulknerwn

Utah amputee

I went up to NYC last week to film on the Anderson cooper show any met one of the most awesome chicks ever. She was a dumb 17 year old and tried to hop on a train and lost both her legs. She has a decent amount left on the left side, less on the right She probably weighs 80 pounds currently. This only happened last fall but she is already skiing and such and she has the best attitude on the planet considering what happened to her. ( the show should air this Wednesday on CBS in the afternoon for anyone who wants to watch it ).

Her father apparently spent years doing military skydiving and she always wanted to jump but got hurt before she turned 18. ( she's 18 now ). She was even wearing a closing pin necklace on the show.

I would love to help her jump. - even if it's just a tandem. We talked about spending a good bit of time in the denver wind tunnel figuring out how to fly before possibly being able to do it solo, but I would love to help her find a way to at least do a tandem. I'm pretty sure she has enough legs to be able to safely fit in the harness. And she only weighs 80 lbs so weight isn't an issue. She lives in Utah.

So anyone up in the part of the country willing to help her follow in her fathers footsteps? She was an idiot to try and jump on a train but 2 months after losing her legs she was alrealdy downhill skiing and racing. This kid rocks. Watch the Anderson cooper show Wednesday afternoon to see. She impressed the hell out of me. I'd love to help her get her first skydive.

Tandem I don't think will be a big deal. From having done some AFF jumps with a double amputee last year - body position is radically different because they have no lower body weight. To pursue it on her own. - absolutely she should do a bunch of time in the wind tUnnel because everything we normally teach about body position is 100 percent wrong for her. And is truly going to be trial and error to figure out how to be stable.

But a tandem I don't think would be a big deal.

I just don't know any skydivers in that part of the country. :)