gimpboogie

RW Tunnel training & paralyzed

This was almost 2 yrs ago soon- but thought I'd post it up for those who either work with paralyzed folks wanting to skydive- or are someone with paralysis looking to try wind tunnels and see what is possible to learn there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZAPuP676E

This was one of my 2 one hour sessions in the tunnel that winter- preceeding the coached jumps required for RW endorsement with CSPA, and to move on from there to participate in other RW jumps :ph34r:

This was a session combining levels, with forward & backward flying, along with docking.

Other sessions included the rest- and are posted on my channel.

What I found most interesting is that the 'fun and games' part of my sessions were actually sometimes most difficult tasks to achieve.

Fortunately I had this tunnel to train in, before the jumps of the subsequent summer and winter.

Wind tunnels are certainly worth every opportunity,
if you have any differences in how you need to fly, in comparison to the typical skydiving population.

Its where I test all my new gear when I can-was what I used to say, until I just test pilot myself into a tib/fib. with 2 new gear combinations at once- each of which I had flown with previously separately with success.
While a 3rd piece of my gear- I've flown with hundreds of times- impaled itself into my leg this summer due to the combination of several things being tested at once.

live and learn, tunnels going to be my best friend for freefall gear changes, the titanium and carbon fiber additions will remind me of this.
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

I wear braces on my knees under the pants. The crotch panel helps with some lift, the braces are locked in at optimum freefly angle for me. (I'm a woman by the way :P )

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works