pookieland

<----Team DumbAss w/ some video

Ok People, things are moving along smoothly for Team DumbAss slowly but surely. I am still working on my free fall, and as I am seeing from my fellow Gimps we are all getting a lil closer to where we want to be. As for me, I have been working mostly on my accuracy for my landings and my canopy control, so I have been a lot of hop-n-pops. I have also been doing sum baby CRW stuff with my instructor and I have been having a lot of fun learning along the way.
This is the closes I have ever been to someone while under canopy and I think with time and more understanding I will surly get better. I also have been thinking about going to a single strap instead of the two straps I am using now. I use one right above my knees and one around my ankles. I am now thinking of having only one strap a lil wider this time, but located below my knees. So really around my calf’s which will keep my knees and feet together, so I can PLF and still have the bend in my legs when I land.
In this clip I am the one flying around my instructor as he guides me in closer, this was about 2 weeks ago. This past week I got even closer and things went really well and I am looking forward to sitting in on a CRW Camp whenever one comes back to my DZ. I want to learn more and I want to be safe while doing it. I have been coming within 30ft of my target on my jumps………. You will also finally be able to see one of my landings which most people don’t get a chance to see...There was a time when I just hoped I made it back to the DZ. And then I prayed I didn’t land in the swoop pond…LoL… But I have hit my X on two occasion and to me that was one of my biggest accomplishments. My thoughts on the landings are simple as this, my teacher can teach and my instructor can instructor, but only I can Fu%# Up the Landing so get it right. I might not do it every time, but to stay in an average of 30ft of where I wanna land makes me feel good. Good enough that I would take some time to type this out and let you know.

http://realxstream.com/video/3o9lbbohx5a172yf

If you go on FACE BOOK and look up TEAM DUMBASS you will be able to see my first back flying attempt or just stop by to say high and to keep up with us. Plus you will be able to see some of the people who make up my team. Blue Sky’s Ya’ll !!!
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

I am hoping to do some traveling this year with a buddy of mine. I would be doing IAD jumps because I am still working on my free fall, it will still be great because I love the canopy rides. I get a chance to look around and see the beautiful landscape of the planet. I am sure our paths will cross before too long. How have you been?
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

I'm doing pretty well! I've been on 3 record jumps since December and have added Skydvie Chicago to the places I've jumped. If you do IAD, CReW makes a lot of sense for you! It's a lot of fun. I've got about 10 CReW jumps now including a couple of 4 stacks!
:)

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

What is the most people you have done CRW with? Where were you located during the 4 stacks? Im sure I will end up being the base since I cant link my feet in to someone elses chute. Ether way I know it will be a lot of fun and I am looking foward to learning more.
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466