jesterlover16

Paraplegic Friend...place in Norcal to jump?

Hi all,

I have a very dear friend who is a lower paraplegic and would love to go skydiving somewhere in NorCal. I had thought to call Skydance or somewhere to see if maybe they could do it, but thought I'd check here first and see if anyone knows a place that for sure does it. Thanks!

Hmm...I may give them a call, though I've actually been warned away from that dropzone since they aren't members of the USPA and are taking a big fine from the FAA for improper safety procedures. Thanks for the tip though, it's good to know that somewhere around here does it...the only place I know for sure that does it is in Southern California and I would really rather not make that trek lol.

Yea, Lodi does get a reputation from people who have never been there, but insist on giving it a bad name. It is full of world champion skydivers though, who jump there because they know better. That is not addressed to you of course, more towards the PM'ers . Good luck in your search. Drop by sometime to see how a world class drop zone is run.
Life is short ... jump often.

Yea, Lodi does get a reputation from people who have never been there, but insist on giving it a bad name.

Because you've never seen a person there doesn't mean they haven't been there... It's quite possible that they have and they saw something happen that isn't right. It's even possible that they've been there more than once and seen sketchy shit happen more than once. Why, it could even be that sketchy shit happened to them!

It is full of world champion skydivers though, who jump there because they know better.

What does being a world champion have to do with safety? World champions can make poor decisions just like you and I can.

To the OP - While I'd advise against Lodi, who she jumps with is more important than where. Every dz has ride operators, but she should jump with someone who has done quite a few jumps with fragile individuals (paraplegic, elderly, etc). Call around and ask specifically about instructor experience with paraplegics. AFAIK both Davis and Byron do have instructors available with that experience.

So I definitely didn't mean to cause any issues regarding Lodi, haha. I have been skydiving at Skydance before and thus would prefer to take him there, but if Byron also does I may give them a call.

I gave Skydance a call yesterday afternoon and they said they would talk to their chief instructor and get back to me. Haven't heard back from them yet but I guess I don't really expect to until they are open again on Wednesday.