leapdog

Help 112w115/116

So I got myself in a bit of a jam. I picked up a singer 112W115 that needed rebuilt. It was free if I could fix it. Well, I got the bushing, hand wheel and stitch length adjuster back on... but the arm that houses the needle bar and presser foot bar and the parts on the back I'm having trouble with. There are no exploded views on the net for these machines.

I know, I should have taken photos before I took stuff part.

Here is the help I'm looking for: Does anyone have a singer 112w115 or 116 that they can take photos of the inside so I can see how it all fits? Also the back where the lift lever is? All of the back as well?

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Thanks. In my searches I have found so many different ways these are set up. Could get another shot of the back to the left of lift lever?

What model is yours? 112w...?

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Once I get a couple more in the mail... I was able to figure out the presser bar, the flat spring for presser tension based on the photos posted and a couple more that were sent to me via email.

I'm sure the rest of the linkage in teh back is for a knee lifter which I don't have so I won't mount or use under the table. The linkage will go back on the machine though.

Next will be the needle rocker and connector link assembly. There was broken stud I'm waiting on in order to put it together.

Once that is assembled, I"ll need to know how ot set the presser bar. All the collars that go on there I have in the right order but there are no markings as to the initial height for locking all that stuff down. I looked in the user manual and it mentions setting the needle bar but not the presser bar. Only distance between the two. The bottom end I have a very firm grasp of and can assemble and time with no effort.

From the dis-assembly, These three screws I'm having trouble remembering where they go.

They definitely came from the machine but there doesn't seem to be any place obvious for them. I know for certain they did not come from inside of the head. Perhaps from the front some place but everything that is needed such as thread guides and tension discs are in place with all the screws. Nothing on the back looks like it takes a small screw like these. Maybe underneath where the bobbins go someplace? Thing is, nothing obvious there either and all the working pieces are secure properly and working.

Awesome. Thanks. The only manuals I can find are a user manual with some tech instructions for settings and a parts book that is sort of hard to read because it is a copy of a copy that has been scanned.