gimpboogie

DOCUMENTARY "Flying In The Mist" re: Paraplegic skydiver & ALS

this is a short clip of the 'filming of...' "FLYING IN THE MIST"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvB4VsF7JQE

a documentary about skydiving with disabibility -paralysis-and about ALS.
This film is mostly about my life, as a paralyzed ALS patient and skydiving is onviously showcased in the film.

It is in the final stages of filming now -only a few scenes left to film-and editing. The composer is currently making the music for this film, so Im guessing it will be ready for television viewing by end of this year.
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

notice at :42 seconds or so, I'm flying Peter Hewillt's custom made parachute (which he was kind enough to send to me for a REAL STEAL OF A DEAL!-thanks again Peter, you helped me fly my own gear, and the logo WAS great suprise ;))

THE LOGO: is basically P snd H (for Peter Hewiltt) incoropated into a design which also is a WHEELCHAIR.
with the yellow 'head' (the loop of the P) and the
BLUE WHEEL of the chair I'm sitting on -as a stick person (the skinniest you will ever see me:P)

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Thanks Pilot-One.

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R5JUAewg-0
is a video that I taped with my foot mount GoProHERO, I tossed it up on youtube/
We filmed one of the skydiving scenes during this jump. its a 'boring' jump to me at this stage in my progression (flying on my belly and trying to slowly circle around as the videographer did the same around me, so we were able to catch decent scenes on the sun in the backgroun, as we had done the previous jump with similar conditions, at a similar time of day-sun angle being the same. The first jump was a high hop and pop so we just played iwith canopies swooping around each other-until we had no choice but to land. We did get some awesome footage with the sun during that dive as well, so fingers crossed that all 3 editors will like the scenes filmed, (well first it has to pass the producers requirments(.

I HAD NO IDEA making a short 45 min. or so movie can be this much WORK! :D
seriously we've all been filming hundreds of hours since Feb. weekly dedicating 2 days purely to filming this documentary, and now there is 3 editors in 3 countries, and 2 composers all of whom will then present their ideas/version of their vision for this film and the one the producer likes is what we go with-or start again with other editors and composers...
dang! i NEVER want to be a 'movie star' thats one thing i learned doing this... now we only have two more scenes to film and then its a waiting game for me-till the opening night- I hope i live that long.
I just read a story of a guy who had a documentary made of him (he also has ALS) and he died as they were getting dressed ready to go see the premier of his movie.[:/]

I'm looking forward to watching it. The Minna's-eye-view of getting to the DZ clip was cool, too

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

that was a boring jump=lets face it ;)

but i had a lot more fun on this one,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8k1wXqOo_k
probably my the most fun landing Ive had
in the skydiving world.

Surprised a lot of people that a canopy this size, and type can be sunk so steep into a yard no bigger then my house -surrounded by thick bush on all 3 sides, and that field with the bull in it was no an option i was willing to trade for this dudes yard.
that last ditter been was 200 f still on the opposite side of the highway, hydro wires and... that damn bull....

so this dude got a suprise visit from the gimp.