leahcaprice

First ParaPlegic Skydive for Chairity

I hope you have a wonderful time, and wonderful blue skies

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Awesome -- congratulations on a job well done! I hope you had fun, and the pictures are great. I hope you got the video, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I did it :-D putting the images up on photobucket as we speak

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Leahcaprice/Skydive%20for%20Charity/[/reply

VERY NICELY DONE! GREAT JOB!

and an excellent fundraising project, you put tons of time effort etc into this, so this really helped i hope to bring some cash for your cause.

you certainly look like you were having fun.

would you mind stopping by and letting us know how it felt for you,
if you'd ever do it again, (for fun)
and if you'd ever want to try to learn to dive on your own (because if you do, your coaches you'd chose would get so much valuable info from a fellow here Angus and TK and zhills.

anyways, regardless of whether you will ever jump again,
im real happy to see your pics.
they truly are awesome to see you enjoy this fundraiser.

take care be well and remain strong,
minna

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

It was a bit surreal to be honest, and it's hard to judge how far from Earth you are at that height so I couldn't tell how fast it was, just that is was windy haha x

They made us wait til last (arrived 8am and didn't leave to go home til 3.30pm) because of the 'extra effort' which wasn't fair especially as the 'extra effort' was just gaffer tape (my feet to his). I want to do a shark dive next http://sharkdives.blueplanetaquarium.com/shark_encounter/shark_encounter.asp ha xx
/paraprincess"]Sponsor my Skydive!

They made us wait til last (arrived 8am and didn't leave to go home til 3.30pm) because of the 'extra effort' which wasn't fair especially as the 'extra effort' was just gaffer tape (my feet to his).

\

Glad you had fun.

There is ALWAYS extra effort when taking a paraplegic person on a skydive. You may not have noticed, but yours is not a normal skydive.

So cool for you though.
Dom

They made us wait til last (arrived 8am and didn't leave to go home til 3.30pm) because of the 'extra effort' which wasn't fair especially as the 'extra effort' was just gaffer tape (my feet to his).

As mentioned above, often it is difficult for a non-skydiver to realize what types of 'extra' effort goes on behind the scenes that our new tandem jumpers don't see.

I must add that after 3 yrs of skydiving as a paralyzed woman, I have encountered hundreds of hours of waiting over these 3 yrs to get things worked out. Sure on my 1st tandem the 'extra effort' put forth, I didn't know all that was involved-and I also thought as you, what was all this waiting for?
Now having gone through a progression of becoming a solo skydiver, I have not only experienced and become knowledgeable about the amount of consideration, safety issues to be worked out, appropriate tandem master to determined, and other considerations, that goes into ANY 'non-typical' tandem dive....

then thinking back to the days of working towards my license, it was more and more waiting, (sometimes a few months to get gear worked out, built etc.).

So having said that,
I'm glad you enjoyed your skydive, and hope your shark dive adventures work out.

Be well and remain strong,
-minna
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works