leahcaprice

First ParaPlegic Skydive for Chairity

In September 2008 I suffered a broken back leaving me permanently paralysed from the waist down. For the 2 year anniversary of this tragic accident I have arranged to do a skydive for the Spinal Research Charity. All money donated here goes directly to the charity.

I hope to raise money for this charity as I want to help others in a similar situation to mine. With more resources an effective treatment will be found to 'cure' paralysis. This is not for my benefit as it is too late for me, this is for those who are new injuries. Let's try and make paralysis history!

Where can I go to pimp my cause out and raise more sponsorship money?
/paraprincess"]Sponsor my Skydive!

Love the fact you'll wear shoes like that regardless of your physical situation. :)
Best of luck with your charity skydive. Just let us know what the details are, I'll send something. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In September 2008 I ....

Where can I go to pimp my cause out and raise more sponsorship money?

great plans, idea and hope it works better then previous tries.

i love the concept, and thought others would also-thus 2 yrs in a row, i publized on the web, via the charity itself, (through their fundraising 'campaigns' i.e. "walk for ms" -I changed it to "JUMP FOR..")

BOTTOM LINE,
NO ONE CANE, OR GAVE A PENNY
After the shock wore off,
I felt like that was just [:/]:S,
that out of all of that, not ONE PERSON, actually donated anything.

i couldnt help but be :(

that all who jump with me, and say they are friends,
offer smiles, hugs, high fives, fck U fingers with smiles as I exit the planes before them-

are (were?) a part of my "friends" and acquintances
here at the DZ,
in the greater skydiving community,

OR in the community of the individuals that i was raising $ WITH.

like you, im paralyzed (check out my journey to learn to skydive, as a paralyzed woman-in this forum),
and thought that others who'd donate to the 'cause' of funding for a cure to my condition,
would be interested in having me jump

not only tandem as i used to,
but a solo jump (the 2nd yr I tried-this year)
as well.

so, I TRULY WISH for you, and for the REASON that this jump is for-IS LOOKED AT SERIOUSLY ENOUGH BY EVERYONE to DONATE, and think of what you'd like IF THIS WERE YOU?
>:( damn it sometimes makes me mad when i think of it in those terms, and think, how could a person not want to give something? to try to help create a potential future cure, or assistance to make it better in some degree-what ever it is,
paralysis,
ALS (these are my issues)
there are those with MS here,
heart conditions, people worrying about jumping after, with these...

they ARE REAL THINGS THAT ANYONE CAN HAVE HAPPEN ANY MOMENT,

Sorry-
im so hoping that this willl raise itself off the ground (literally and figuratively), and become a immense country wide campaign
for when i'm dying i will like to know, that it had happened,
someone was able to turn a fundrasing campaign for spinal cord research, or what ever 'situation' they are facing, through a skydivng event.

its time.
we as skydivers,
get on board and support this stuff.

leahcaprice-I WILL GIVE to your campaign-just tell me how, and when, and where, and its there.

as for WHERE?
IF you could get to some place like ZHILLS i think its worth it.
for the fact that you CAN have VERY EXPERIENCED staff with your spinal cord inury needs, as well as it is a huge enough place that in the winters its 'hopping' with folks,

if you can find a way to get the media involved, across your country,
then i can see this becoming an annual large scale event.

but starting with a 'paraplegic friendly' dropzone,/facility, which is fairly large and populated by various folks coming and going,
is a great place to find for doing it.

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS.:)it makes me feel so good inside to read of your aspiration.
B|
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

This is not for my benefit as it is too late for me, this is for those who are new injuries.

I'm going to say fuck that! they better figure some shit out for me (us) too.

well put.
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Clickified it for you. Good luck.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun