iamtiffa

Skydiving with a Power Port

Hi guys...I really want to go skydiving this summer. It has been an idea I have toyed around with for a while. But never had anyone who would jump with me and blah blah blah, but now I do. I have a lot of medical issues that require me to have a PowerPort Implantable Port in place. I am looking for advice on whether the shoot harness will crush it or not...and also if there is something out there that I could use for padding between the two???? If anyone has some insight for me that would be AWESOME!!!! Thanks! Tiffany

1. I would be more concerned w/ disruption of catheter from port than damage to port.
2. This is like retail real estate… location, lcation, location! It will depend on EXACTLY where your port is and exactly where harness sits on you.
3. I am a nurse and have worked w/ a fair # of implanted ports. My best guess is that a major factor will be how much fat you have. Super thin folks have no natural padding for port and it pokes skin outward. Chubby folks can have so much padding that the port can be hard to find. I suspect that the port will less at risk w/ the chubby.
4. Go to DZ, explain your situation and see exactly where the harness will sit on you.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!