gimpboogie

gimpboogie goes "old school"

A new love,
old school canopies.

starting it off with a stratocloud 7 cell canopy.

this time i just flew the canopy-but one day i want to go completely old school-belly mount reserve etc.

I need to lengthen the brake lines, but the flare is still powerful.

i like this canopy as much-if not more then my
vented BlackJack
heres a few photos

and yes here in canada even gimps jump in the winter ;)

correction:

Peter reminded me to stay in the current situation.

the Stratocloud is NOT a military reserve as I initially wrote.

It is an accuracy canopy for civilian use (manufactured in the"mid 70's .... though it was produced long after its popularity faded, into the 80's"
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

I definitely have to admit how much of a pussy I am...

I dont think I ever want to land in that much snow.
Not so much because of the snow but because it HAS to be DAMN cold at altitude.:o

yesterday wasnt too bad-i jumed with -10C on the ground and -17c (plus wind chill) at altitude but last weekends jump I went higher and it was cold.

it was -16C on the ground and -26C st altitude.
add the wind chill and ANY EXPOSED SKIN FREEZES IMMEDIATELY.

thats why were Canadians=
we got genetics for this sh*t.. :ph34r:

and me-i got an advantage im a FINN
so having grown up above the acrtic circle in Finland, where these temps we got here are the warmer days and we go out to play (as kids if it was only -26coutside we'd be kicked outside to spend the day playing kus it was 'warm' ;)

I am a SAAMI, (laplander the english call us), I was raised above the artic circle-we lived a semi nomadic lifestyle.
in the summers we had a wooden hut for a home but in the winter we followed out reindeer herds, (reindeer herding has been in our generations for hundreds of yrs) so we lived in tents made from reindeer skins-dug outs in the snow,
]loved off sucking on salted fish tails by the end of the season if it was a rough one.

i was 7 before i saw my 1st flush toilet and car- (i will always remember the day i was looking at the car and wondered where do you hook up the reindeer).

but back to Canadian winters,,
this-where i live now-this is mild-its SOUTHERN ONTARIO for g*ds sake-this is not cold or ;'wintery' at all in comparison to Thunder Bay where I lived prior,

there I was in the coldest temps on the ground I've ever experienced in Canada -46C!!!!!!!!!!!
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

My mind was all ready on the next parachutes I would like to get my hands on and jump:

the Cruisair, which I think was manufactured in 1978, which was soon replaced by the Cruiselite.

Those ones perhaps for most would be boring to jump-but I do have to stay away from the real interesting ones such as the Paracommander's etc.

because after all being paralyzed and the whole butt slide landing thing wont work so well with a lot of the other parachutes that I would love to try otherwise
-but honestly-just as important is the fact that I PROMISED ANGUS I WONT JUMP A PARACOMMANSER

-i rarely say "i wont" to anyone
(BUT IF ANGUS ASKS ME NOT TO-I WONT-I OWE HIM THAT)

I would also like to jump these:

The military MT-1 had a civilian counterpart the Sport which was also produced in 1978, but soon to be replaced by the XL Cloud.

Then of course I'd like to wear those old jumpsuits Pioneer Parachute Company made-with the double zippers and those boots they used to call 'frenchies' apparently those boots were air cushioned so if you stepped on a nail you'd be walking listing like a sailor at sea.

now if I could go back in time,
it would be Glen Martin who I wold like to meet.
AT the age of 6, (and I would be 6 also-and my twin brother would be alive and we would play with Glen's box style kites-because every kid laughed at him for making them-until they saw that these kites worked-we would of been friends with Glen)
As i had read he began making kites at age 6 and used sails on everything from skates, wagons and even on his bicycle-he of course went on to manufacture parachutes! :)

Haha I love the landing pics Minna!!!

I should be down your way in the spring:P

great=lets do some 'renegade' jumps,
who else can say they jump with gimps.

we should have a skyvan next yr
or maybe the same caravan-fastest in the world dispatching skydivers 900hp sitting in my front yard

come on over-got a couch waiting for visitors :)

Come to Australia Minna! It was only 109F today at the DZ! Which was a nice break from 114!

you know at this stage in my life

A
Angus said

'go do what you want, while you can

always before

we have seen you,
and watched you got back "up

but this-time go to DO
"SOMETHING"that i've wanted to do"

it is time nw.

so i was looking intois

what there was for ii could do,,,

there.
and in NZ

where i could and would do what
i want.

AU & NZ were

on the list along with idaho.

so do you got gimp tossing bridges over there also? _ minna

Come to Australia Minna! It was only 109F today at the DZ! Which was a nice break from 114!

you know at this stage in my life

A
Angus said

'go do what you want, while you can

always before

we have seen you,
and watched you got back "up

but this-time go to DO
"SOMETHING"that i've wanted to do"

it is time nw.

so i was looking intois

what there was for ii could do,,,

there.
and in NZ

where i could and would do what
i want.

AU & NZ were

on the list along with idaho.

so do you got gimp tossing bridges over there also? _ minna

You aren't going to bail on Idaho for the AU & NZ, are you, Minna? I'm expecting to see you in May!! :DB|:)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

oh muh lord! And we were complaining down here when we reached about 0C!! I think it got down to may -1C and we were all complaining about how bad the jump was going to suck. But, like you said, I DON'T have the genetics for that. I was born and raised in Florida. Give me 37C summer, and I'm good. B|

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL