pookieland

I am so Happy !!!

Freakin sweeeeeeeeeeet! :)
Pookie that was fantastic - your determination astounds me... and to everyone that contributed to making your dream come to true, well you're ALL amazing! :)

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

(Not sure which thread to post in but this seems to be the current one so I'll stick with it...)

Nice rig there in the video!

So let's analyze the gear:

Custom built Quasar, hip rings, B-12 snaps, double wide leg straps, metal handle cutaway & reserve handles, bellyband throwout.

For the jump, one strap around the legs just below the knees, and one around the ankles (with a loop under the feet too to stabilize them).

Legs are bent at the knees and brought up close to the body, held in place with maybe 1" wide connector straps on each side, for both the ankle wrap strap and the knee wrap strap. The lower ones attach to the rig at the hip rings, the upper ones to custom fittings at the side of the rig.

For both the upper and lower connector straps there are buckles for adjustment, and RSL type snap snackles (with bigger disconnect tabs) to allow the jumper to disconnect them.

The tucked position was maintained right to touchdown.

Between the tight tuck, and having the upper connector straps, that really hinders access to the handles. It might work a little better to have high mounted, outboard facing handles, more like a tandem rig? Heck, if I tried to get on a plane the way the jump was done, even with a couple thousand jumps and a reputation for doing odd stunts, I'm not sure they'd let me on the plane!

So what was planned out for emergency procedures in that configuration?

The whole thing with the legs tucked up tightly, that's different from what I've seen with Gimpboogie's jumps. A different philosophy on how to deal with no leg control! In avoiding having legs out but not controlled, one ends up instead in a tight style tuck, which isn't the most naturally stable.

I can't recall, but how much tunnel time do you have in controlling the style tuck position?

Any idea what the next steps are?

Nice job!

Thanks TK for all the work you've put into making Pookies dream come true!

Definitely an impressive amount of support and planning has been put forth for this 1st jumpl

I'm very curious to see how the stability will work out in further jumps -especially once you get to level 5.

Certainly a very unique approach to the lower limb 'issues'-never have I seen such-except for tandems.

Excellent job there on keeping a hold of Pookie till deployment-critical as you knew (was it you in the background at the end of the video saying something to the effect of "I was more scared then..."?

Regardless of how the future unfolds in this project-I'm VERY IMPRESSED with Pookies determination and your exceptional support in not giving up over the years-you've certainly made one mans dream come true-kudos to ALL of you who offered their support.

I'd really like to see the video from the 2nd instructors camera and the one out in the distance who seemed to be in front of you guys through the points that this particular video wasn't able to kee up to.

POOKIE! you rock!, what's the next plan?
by the way, you certainly did experience a great deal of what skydiving is about, its not always just flying on your belly B|

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works