pookieland

2 UCK"ING GREAT SOLO DIVE'S

I had a great day!! I did 2 solo freefalls today and I had no problems with my landings. I had a great insructor and a educated wing man. I feel on top of the world now. The freefall was good, just need to practice some more as every skydiver does. look for me on U-Tube or maybe skydivecity.com
Lov'in IT !!!!
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

Great job dude! I'm SO proud of you-working so hard to make this happen-and im sure your friends and everyone around were total exstatic about it =...
yes the freedom is nothing ever to be able to explain-you just got to do it to understand :) great job-keep on going forward.

tell me how the free fall was.... did your instructors deploy for you or did you?

im so stoked to see the video!
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Thanx for your support, I did 2 solo jumps that day. The 1st freefall went ok, I had two instructors go out with me but and I was sorta stable and then one fell off and I was actually more stable with only one instructor and he was holding very lightley. Had some trouble with the 1st pull only because that dam hacky was flapp'in more then I was used to and my instructor was doing his job by gabbing my hand and trying to place it were it needed to be, but by doing that it through me off some so he ended up deploying it for me. The 2nd time it was just me and TK and the FreeFall went much better. Still some trouble deploying but I did it myself this time and things were just GREAT!!. I think with anything, practice will make things so much better for me and I will continue to learn from the people have been there done that.
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

Thanx for your support, I did 2 solo jumps that day. The 1st freefall went ok, I had two instructors go out with me but and I was sorta stable and then one fell off and I was actually more stable with only one instructor and he was holding very lightley. Had some trouble with the 1st pull only because that dam hacky was flapp'in more then I was used to and my instructor was doing his job by gabbing my hand and trying to place it were it needed to be, but by doing that it through me off some so he ended up deploying it for me. The 2nd time it was just me and TK and the FreeFall went much better. Still some trouble deploying but I did it myself this time and things were just GREAT!!. I think with anything, practice will make things so much better for me and I will continue to learn from the people have been there done that.

can you tell us what happened so that "one fell off"?
was it stability? (meaning were you going up and down-what we call potato chipping-as in head goes up higher to look to the skym then lower, to look towards the ground-over and over again).

I'm very interested in the the fact that it you were "more stable with one" instructor.
It sort of happens to me also... when I did a dive with 2 AF instructors for some points (needing to move forward towards them to grab a hold of them, then let go, move backwards and then move forwards again to get a hold of them) I noticed that during the moment of letting go-there was instability for a moment-that "potato chipping" for a bit.

I have hard for about 2 yrs of your determination to get to this dive-
(like I said, I heard of you on my wind tunnel trip in April 2008, when TK was asking if Angus could come down and do AFF with you-but it just didn't work out then for what ever reasons)

so to me, reading of your dive is like as if it was my dive-like my 1st AFF dive was-such a long wait and finally it happened.

I AM SO VERY PROUD TO KNOW YOU THROUGH THIS FORUM, and glad you finally showed up here to share of your story.

I NOW REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE DALE COME TO THE USA AND I WOULD TRAVEL DOWN AND WE COULD ALL 3 JUMP ONE AFTER THE OTHER IN FLORIDA (besides FL is a place I want to do some other jumps-been planning that trip for a while now)

representing 3 countries, 2 continents- and to think that this all really started back in 2007 (me) then 2008, (Dale) and now 2009 (you)....
it would make a good video for many reasons-

-if we could only drag Lonnie along for the trip that trip to jump...would make it sweet-but Lonnie is a busy guy-(and perhaps doesn't read these forums often-)
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

I've had a cold the past week and 1/2 and I am ready to get back to the air. The weather like many places around the US is cold, but my friends at Z-Hills are alwasy jumping and that's what keep me going :D. Throught the holidays I have met a lot of great new people and I hope to visit there DZ some time in the future, but I find that Z-Hills is the place to be and sooner or later everyone will stop through. This weekend will probably be just as cold as it was last week, so I think I will dress a little warmer this time. I hope this weather goes through a little faster so we can get to some warmer days. I never knew how big skydiving was until I got into the sport and everyone seems to be close even if you have'nt met before and I think that's kool.
I have a great team of instructors which have been giving me so much information and the one thing I have learn from them is that I will never know enough and to keep learning. TK sometimes gives these classes which people pay hundreds of dollars for but he gives them free to people who want to learn and no matter what the day is, when I find out that he is giving a class I drive 2 hours just to get in on the information he has to give. Which is so very Valuable and not worth missing. And then there is Marius, a champion knee flyer who still travels all over the world who has help me with my stability using my arms only " He is amazing " and everytime I learn just a little more then I have before. And then there is Mark who is my Wing man, he always has good adivece for me and gives me the confidence I need to try something new. All these people can be found Skydivecity.com. the one thing I almost have down pack is Landing on a dime. It can be done and I have come so close to doing so, just a little more practice. that is something I had learn in one of TK's classes. My goal in this sport is to join a team called the Crew. A great bunch of man and wemen who said when I get better they will give me a chance and see if I have what it takes to be one of them. I doubt I will travel much to skydive unless it's with one of my DZ partners, but I am so glade to be a part of Z-Hills that if I don't I will be just fine jumping every weekend like I do know. Man what a get away and a good feeling I get every weekend when I see my friends and people I have talked to that are coming to jump..Cheers to you all

Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

That's something awesome about skydiving=the people.
Really there are some true gems to be found in skydiving circles and as you said, its a hidden treasure no one knows until you get into the sport. People are real tight, and i think it has to do with the fact that we are trusting each other with our lives. Right from the rigger, to the packer-whom many of us may not know who they are if were renting student gear... to the fellow skydiver who gives us our final pin check in the plane-I trust the one after me to give me the seperation I need and not jump on me, while the one before me trusts that i am not going to take them out in freefall to trusting complete strangers to do as they say-depoy when they say etc.

It's trusting complete strangers with our lives-that is a big part of it=i think... what other sport is it that things are that serious yet we trust each other without our lives and not having know that person?

so what are you up to these days?
jumping?
still waiting for the weather to warm up=
dude- we jump here in weather that will freeze any exposed skin in free fall before your canopy ride starts ;)

but then again, when i was a kid we would wait till the ice was thin enough in the lakes that when we jumped in we'd make a big enough hole that we could get out and not get sucked under the ice :P:S

glad to see that your enjoying the skydivng environment, and that your sharing your joy with us.
Keep it up dude, who knows what the future brings :)

Hi Pookie, good job, continue, i'm disabilities too, and i was as skydive city during christmas time, TK talk to me about you and it is a decption to not be able to meet you,

for help you, in freefall my legs are attached together at feet level, so it is more stable and more safe for landing on my ass.

if you want picture or video of me , just ask, it will be a very pleasure to help you and one day jump together, why not!

Blue sky Pookie

Peter pan
;)

Hey There,
Well, I am sorry I missed you this past X-mas. I am usually out there every weekend, but I am going to be changeing to week days before work. So, I can spend more time with the family. Where are you from? I live in Ocala work in Gainesville and skydive in Z-hills. Man I am Lovin Life, hopefully we'll be able to meet some day and freefall together. TK is my mentor and best friend. He has taught me so much and I am still learning, and all around great guy. Hit me back when you get a chance and let me know when you'll be in town.
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466