pookieland

Only...5 Days until my 1st Solo FreeFall

Instead of opening up a new thread every day with your count-down, how about you just update the "6 days" thread with a new message? Keep 'em all in one place.

i have no opinion on your social status (asshole or not) since i really dont know you at all but i think you have a point.

i chose to write about my 'progress' [or lack of it at times :P] in ONE THREAD

ONLY BECAUSE:

A) It's easier for those who choose to read about it, to do so if its all contained in one thread-becomes almost a mini 'blog' of the paralyzed woman who left the skateparks and came to the dropzone.

B) it's easier on the forum itself-instead of each post I'd make being a different thread and filling up the forum with more and more threads [I tend to write a lot when i do write-so i think i would have had dozens of threads had i chosen a different method].

C) finally, for those who choose to try to follow suit-others with paralysis-and want info about how I did it - can easily find it because its in one thread (like Dale-when he first started-he read my posts and from there contacted me and we emailed at the beginning stages of his progress)

Having said that, its important to remember that we all have varying degrees of internet knowledge-and the social 'protocol' involved in posting in forums and other such activities [i.e. when I first started I didnt know capitals was considered as shouting i used them as emphasis for certain words-and stil do-forgetting about the shouting perception].
Furthermore, most of us with paralysis, became this way due to an accident of some sort-which typically means also some level of head injury [regardless of the manner in which our 'accident' happens-having our head hit a bit-or more in some cases.] which further hinders our abilities in social situations-either due to short term memory loss, having lost skills we had prior to the accident, or new ways of thinking and expressing ourselves. [(before i had my motorcross accident i was a programmer at Apple Canada-1st week of work there-but when i woke up from my coma i coudnt remember anything about programming-not a thing! after rehab. i had to go to university to learn new career paths [or relearn programming which I chose not to do].

Rod Mack is a good example of this. When he became paralyzed he also had a serioous head injury. To this day, his written expression is unique, and sometimes needs a little more patience to get the point he is making-yet his intelligence is there-(heck he has done huge amounts of work since his accident in not only designing his MackStrap's to help paralyzed people do tandems safer-to his music career).
His written expression is slightly different then it propably was prior to his accident but his intelligence is as sharp as ever!

Now either I'm going to be an asshole also along with you (if you are one for this post-then clearly i will also be one),
or this was informative and helpful not only for readers in this forum-to understand why some of us express ourselves in unique ways-or for those of us posting-hopefully gaining a slight understanding of why it is helpful to make one thread and keep our progress notes, and receive encouragement and helpful info in that same thread.

take it as you wish, but the intent is only good-to try to help us all in this forum to better understand each other.

-gimpboogie
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Pookie-keep that determination you have
-you've WORKED HARD FOR 2 1/2 yrs to get to this point,
Saturday is truly as important as the countdown to a NASA launch is! B|

YOU have the spirit of a skydiver,
you have not quit

(I know of two fellows who wanted to start skydiving as paralyzed individuals but found the work too overwhelming-they couldn't do it-mentally-they never did a single solo)

YOU ARE A SKYDIVER regardless of what happens on Saturday-you've done 29 jumps (tandem I assume)...
ONE makes you a skydiver!;)...

keep up the spirit-I am counting down the days with you dude!, and surely many who read this forum also are.
I'm sure your friends @ Zhills are, I'm sure TK is looking on with pride in you for how determined you are to keep on trying.

Please remember, that no matter what happens on Sat. YOU ARE A REAL INSPIRATION....

I don't know of anyone-paralyzed or not- who has worked for 2 1/2 yrs to get themselves ready for their first solo skydive.

Be proud of your accomplishments to date.

If you find it difficult, boring, or just plain not liking to write much-would you consider telling verbally to one of your friends at Zhills what youve done so far, and that person could start a thread sharing your progression, what you have done so far, the things I wrote about in the previous post (your 6th day thread)

I understand writing is not everyones favorite activity :D, so that's why I said maybe one of your friends can help with the writing if you dont like writing much, and share your story-details-of your progress to this date.

Like I said before, what your doing IS SO IMPORTANT to know about-we're not just being nosy, but the details will help someone else some day who has similar level of paralysis as you do.

KEEP ON WORKING AT IT POOKIE I'M SO PROUD OF YOU, and glad you came online because I heard about you 1 1/2 rs ago from Angus who is friends with TK ( that was April 2008), and since then have often wondered what has happened....

and here you are-and here you belong, your one of us!B|

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works