Gully106

Safire 2 and OP 126 in V306?

I'm currently in the process of buying a new Vector. I would ideally like this rig to last a good few years and most likely accommodate a couple of downsizes.

When it arrives i'm looking at being on a Safire 129 and would like an OP 126 for my reserve. Just wondering if anyone else has this inside a V306 and how tight it will be. I don't want two tight fitting canopies!

Thanks in advance

Yeah they're sizing chart doesn't seem to suggest that a Safire 2 129 would fit. Hence why i'm asking in case anyone else has that set up. I certainly don't want a pregnant rig / to be squeezing anything in. However then my only other option is the V308 which is then a loose fitting for the OP126 and a standard fit for the Safire 2 129. When ideally i'd want a standard fitting reserve and a full fitting main in order to accommodate a couple of downsizes when ready.

I wouldn't recommend this combination at all!

But its definitelly possible...
My girlfriend put a few jumps on exactly this config. Brand new 306, brand new demo Safire2 129 and an Opt126.

She's a rigger and packer with 20k+ packjobs.
She was able to close the container without breaking a sweat. She actually likes tight fitting things :P but admitted she would refuse packing something this tight for any customer. Keep in mind you can also damage the container with too much pressure applied. Sadly we didn't have a chance to measure reserve extraction force with that config, though.
Right now she jumps a fairly used Spectre 135 and its tight but not uncomfortable.

So if you by chance find a 1000+ jumps old Safire you might be ok. A broken in 7-cell canopy in that size would still be a better choice packvolumevise. But still definitelly on the very tight side!!

I know, waiting for UPT to shit out a new Vector has led a few people to go bananas. But ordering a new rig in the hopes of beeing ready for that size when it finally arrives might backfire.
So much can happen in 9 month ;) How far away of that goal are you right now?

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Everything would be brand new, including the canopy and reserve.

Currently on a 150, looking to go to a 135 asap and then when the rig arrives the 129.

I have contacted UPT regarding their opinion on the matter, hopefully they will be able to help!

I'm guessing it'll probably be a V308 as I will be on the 129 for a while, so definitely don't want a tight fitting rig for a long time before I am comfortable going onto anything smaller.

Are you looking for a Micron or will a Vector 3 do? I think you would be better off with a V328. Which would be standard fitting main and loose fitting reserve or a v340 with a full fitting main and loose reserve. There are other options available but they are more limited when it comes to the Micron series.

I have an Op126 and safire 2 129. Putting that combination in my 310 was like a sausage in a hallway. I ended up putting my OP143 and Katana 150 back in.

UPT can best tell you what rig they will fit in. I can only point to the one I tried and I know they won't.

-Michael

Gully106

Yeah they're sizing chart doesn't seem to suggest that a Safire 2 129 would fit. Hence why i'm asking in case anyone else has that set up. I certainly don't want a pregnant rig / to be squeezing anything in. However then my only other option is the V308 which is then a loose fitting for the OP126 and a standard fit for the Safire 2 129. When ideally i'd want a standard fitting reserve and a full fitting main in order to accommodate a couple of downsizes when ready.

Why not get the 308 and put an Optimum 143 reserve in? I really don't see the point in tiny reserves!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

nigel99

***Yeah they're sizing chart doesn't seem to suggest that a Safire 2 129 would fit. Hence why i'm asking in case anyone else has that set up. I certainly don't want a pregnant rig / to be squeezing anything in. However then my only other option is the V308 which is then a loose fitting for the OP126 and a standard fit for the Safire 2 129. When ideally i'd want a standard fitting reserve and a full fitting main in order to accommodate a couple of downsizes when ready.

Why not get the 308 and put an Optimum 143 reserve in? I really don't see the point in tiny reserves!

How will you ever be Bobby Bitchen with that attitude?