Distabled

Pics from the weekend

No i didnt land after sunset. This is the video of the jump, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-swFaf2xk as you can see, its not a night jump at all. The use of the camera flash makes the background in the photo appear much darker. I take a mobile phone on every jump to use if i do land off DZ. Plenty of people are there and know that I am jumping, its not really a concern at all. I mean, if there is a wheelchair at the landing area with no dude in it.....................

Cant wait to do night jumps tho, that will be great. I have over 400hrs flying aircraft at night. It was my favorite type of flying. I was talking about it to some other jumpers yesterday actually. Once im happy with my freefall skill I would do a jump at night. There is a strict night rating process here in australia for night jumps which is good.

D
Get busy living or get busy dying!

Hello Dave, your very courageous and inspiring, and may you jump to to your hearts content. It's awsome
that your proving " where there's the will there's a way" You've been able to master stability in free-fall which still elludes me. Good on ya! Mike
Be Brave, embrace the fear,
even if your not, pretend to be.
No one can tell the difference

Hello again Don, and thank-you for the reply. This last January my wife (Loiuse ) & I were set to go to Auckland to attend her younger sisters wedding ( Hayden & Tanya Oniel ) They had done some research for me so I'd be able to get a jump in,but just before we were set to to, I started getting some weird vibes from my then employer. Thats when the whole worlds economy was spiraling into the crapper.
Even asking face to face, ( he new the cost of this trip to us ) he said not to worry take the two weeks and go. But he just seemed so disblievable I canceled my seat, which still cost me $500.Cdn.
Louise went on her own and had a great time, exactly 2 weeks after she returned ( which is what I'd suspect was going to happen ) I got layed off!
That's water off a duck's back now , but I do have an awsome $3000. ( Louise's plane ticket ) "T" from NZone- The Ultimate jump Queenstown/Rotorua. Their pamphlet is really inspiring, look them up at [email protected] ( Embrace the fear, Be brave, even if yor not, pretend, no one will know the difference.) Thats so cool, the "T" is really great too.
The other two Skydiving location are at Lake Wanaka
also near Queenstowne, the other is NZsky dive, that has a number of D.Z."s all over N.Z. & one 45 minutes south of Auckland ( [email protected] )
Don, I hope you have a really great experience, possibly in the future, we can jump together,(when I can freefall, stable & under control ) Regards , Mike

Dale, Mike Montagne here, I sincerely apologies to you for being so stupid as to call you by two different names, I'm very sorry for not paying attention to what I was reading or typing. Mike

Looks like you landed after sunset.

If you're implying a night jump that doesn't "look" like one hour after sunset.

Are you licensed for that?

He's not in the U.S. but which license exactly is required of us in the states to make a night jump?

And since you're disabled, if you were to land off the airport after dark, how would you seek help?

I'm not physically disabled, if I were to land off the airport after dark and suffer a dibilitating injury, how would you recommend I seek help?

Do you carry a whistle for such jumps?

Do you?

You certainly don't discriminate John. You'll piss in anyone's Cheerios.

Nice pics Dale. Good on ya !!!

aloha.