Distabled

ParaChutePlegic

Well my next jump just got cancelled due to no pilot avbl .

Here is a vid of my last jump ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrOlCja8RsY you can see the rocking that i had. I have modified my pants to have more porus webbing in between my legs as I think the air was getting caught which lifted me up and then the air spills out and then starts again.

nicely done Dale!

I THINK YOU CAN DO THIS!

serious.

you rocked a lot more then I did (that same rocking I had, but a lot less then you infact during some tandems with my crotch panel as it is, i rocked both Angus and i -not to mention I always felt like i was in a head down 45 degrees orientation when pulling)
which looks very much like my rocking, your doing there.

we did not go to a more porous panel
yet anyways...
but then again, right now im focussing on pure accuracy, and learning such things as quick toggle grabs, on heading openings right now...
critical skills for me, in what i need to focus on.

BUT, your video is very nice Dale, i have a lot of confidence you can do it.
Yes i think the rocking will be a bit more intense when he lets go-i do think it will be-but i see that in FF you are completely able to (so it looks anyways from my eyes) reposition yourself. Maybe what is happening, like I felt-that if I did not try hard to bring my chest n head back upwards they were going down to make it a head down dive (although surely fun for me, but not Angus, and then not me either once I see how he looks after witnessing it)...
BUT you HAVE the ability to compensate for the rocking with hands when in FF, in the moments when reaching to pull, i see your head starts to go down like mine did also (that was where i felt like i was going to go into a head down dive-but somehow i twisted my body at the core to bring my right hand to reach to pull and simultaneously dropped the left shoulder-so i fliped upside down-you do not look like you would flip upside down-and you can reach and accurately pull in a timely fashion, before you end up going head down-that is what i base my thoughts that you will do this Dale... but who am I to say, im NO expert lol
BUT, i see you finishing your A, (i mean for all of us paras who try this, before we get there-its all an experiement to even see if we can get there) and moving on BIG with this.... with your marketing skills,
i can see it be,
in the future you will jump into the paralympic ceremonies....

im getting excited just thinking of that Dale,
I mean, this is special to me and surely Angus and Fuzzy, your AFF instructors, and a few of us jumpers..
surely look on with great anticipation for you to show us the video of your A licence dive-that will be history!
to know i have lived in this era
to see this happen, a bit of a paradigm shift, or stereotype shattering is always a good thing.

JUMP ON DALE!
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Top stuff Dale ;)

Seriously, nice going there mate.
It may take you a few jumps and some experimenting with your crotch panel etc

but it sure looks possible going on that dive. And the 1 instructor seemed to have only a one hand grip on your harness as well so I dont think was affecting much stabilising to the rocking.

Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming B|

Hi All,

I did a sunset load last night (Friday 24th Jan) for my 4th jump as a paraplegic. Overall I was very happy with the jump.

Only had one JM for most of fall and he was close to letting me go but i started rocking again. I think I have worked out why I am rocking and its to do with my arms. If i hold them up high above my shoulders it stops the rocking and when i looked at my alti and changed my arm position it started again.

Canopy ride and landing were fantastic. I had 10kts of wind which allowed me to caress the ground with less force then whats needed to crush a coke can!

I will be posting the video very soon, im editing it at the moment.

Cheers

D
Get busy living or get busy dying!

Hi All,

I did a sunset load last night (Friday 24th Jan) for my 4th jump as a paraplegic. Overall I was very happy with the jump.

Only had one JM for most of fall and he was close to letting me go but i started rocking again. I think I have worked out why I am rocking and its to do with my arms. If i hold them up high above my shoulders it stops the rocking and when i looked at my alti and changed my arm position it started again.

Canopy ride and landing were fantastic. I had 10kts of wind which allowed me to caress the ground with less force then whats needed to crush a coke can!

I will be posting the video very soon, im editing it at the moment.

Cheers

D

Excellent to hear Dale B|

keep us posted with the updates. Sounds like a good jump ;)

great JOB !

came by just to see what was up with you-hadn't heard much lately-so stopping in certainly was worth it.

looks like your getting the hang of it...

yah the landings in 10 knots are beautiful for us para's
but mind you i like no wind landings better-but its a preference...

i've been experimenting jumping without my legs pulled up-just gently placing myself on the ground-sort of like a stand up except as soon as my legs touch the ground -thats it i fall on my butt...
not too serious-never got hurt-but i do like the legs up version better.

im needing to do some work on the pants for this summer season (winter jumping is over for us now-this weekend we get helicopter just to keep the divers going with some altitude withdrawl kus our runways turn to mush until the spring thaw is over with.)

and soon in may we will get the worlds fastest caravan for skydivers.
our DZO went for the upgrade on the engine (instead of a custom paint job0-good choice!)
SO it seems that there are only 10 caravans with this 900hp engine-and this is the only one in the world used for dispatching skydivers...

im really looking forward to that short ride to altitude-so short no one has time to plan a fuster cluck dive even-just a short moment and up we are...

that is going to be a highlight for me.
im moving to the dz next month=until the caravan leaves...
am i hooked on skydiving-?
i guess you can say that lol

but yah im really looking forward to your next video...
i was worried about that potato chipping you were doing but if you figured out how to fix it-thats what matters...
how about a chest mount alti?
if looking at your alti sends you rocking again...
just a thought.

keep on at it...
its coming your way!
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Hi All,

I did my 5th AFF yesterday and it went really well. I have sorted out the rocking problem and i am now needing to work on my position during deployment as im going a litle bit head down and turning to the right as i reach to grab my pilot chute. I jumped a Sabre 230 yesterday which is the smallest canopy Ive jumped so far. Much faster then the 290 i was on! The flare in the landing was v nice and i landed on my butt with my legs up without issue.

I jumped from 12000 and waved off at 6000. Im really getting my canopy ride sorted and can get my legs hooked up very quickly to my chest strap and then i enjoy the ride down.

I am doing another jump today, maybe 2!

I'll upload the video when i get home.

Blue skies!

great work Dale! Keep on flying.... B|

ok packing... lol it aint going to be fast. ;)

BUT this is what I do.
NOTICE-THIS IS WHAT I DO-NOT THE TYPICAL SKYDIVING GEAR PACK JOB-BUT IT GETS THE JOB DONE.
CAVEAT- I AM NOT A RIGGER-DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS-CHECK ALL INFO WITH YOUR INSTRUCTOR.

1) I do not use my leg bag- rather the 'bedside" catheter bag-inside another pouch which I tie around my ankle (found the leg bags would too easily either disconnect, crack open etc. while dragging my butt around).
this way I never have pressure on it-it drags behind me in a bag tied to my ankle.

I CHOOSE TO BACK BASE style (contact snakeriverBASE.com for info if you want to learn this way-perhaps he has some ideas for you-or send you a video for what ever he charges for it these days). NO I'M NOT STEERING YOU TOWARDS BASE jumping but I DO FIND THIS PACKING METHOD SIMPLER*except ofcourse getting it in the D bag is a step that you have to find your way to do-i will share what I do.

The clamps make it SO MUCH easier for me to keep the line tension as well as symmetry-while i scoot around on my butt-I used to mess up my packing jobs and had to start over way too often before I started packing like this.

Clearly I flat pack, and despite everyone's preference for pro packing, flat packing you get to clearly inspect your gear and really get to know it well.

TOOLS I USE THAT HELP ME:
12 clamps.
2 stakes (unless I'm indoors)
2 pull up cords.
4 bungee cords (again IF I'm outside) to help with line tension-which is easy to do for the pro-packers but us paraplegics dragging our butts around we easily loose that line tension while flat packing.

I find it easier to pack with my gear on a tarp under a shaded area (do not expose your canopy to sunlight as much as possible avoid it)

1) I take my first pull up cord and tie them through the slots-NOT the rings (which do not necessarily stay stationary. (outside I put a stake through the big rings to keep the container there-inside I use the leg straps on hooks on a wall-and no stakes needed,)

2) I lay my canopy down flat as can be.

3) Go back to the container-and shift your body in between the lines-sitting with your back to the container and facing the canopy-as you know stay off the lines-(another reason for the leg bag issue-I do NOT want it to bust while I'm doing any part of this, but especially when I start to straddle the D bag to close it-it's the biggest chance to burst my leg bag and I really dont want the contents to leak on my canopy -:S[:/]
slide the lines in your hands up to the canopy-just like the pro-pacers do.
4) I try to have a step stool to get myself to sit on so I can shake the canopy to make sure I dont have any obvious problems and i can make sure the canopy hasn't looped/flipped around-give it a good shake down-which is why dragging your but up on the stool is good idea-leave the stool there-you will need it stilll.

5) go back to the risers. taking the rear risers in my right hand, front risers in my left hand, and drag my butt up to the canopy (it can be done the other way also no difference-I prefer this way, so the canopy is laying as if its going to be flying left.)
shake the canopy again-from sitting on the stool and now your nose is to the left.

6) back to the risers- find the left lines (left risers)scooting forward to the canopy again checking to make sure there are no other lines crossing over them.
ALWASY AS YOUR SCOOTING AROUND MAKE SURE YOUR KEEPING AN EYE ON YOUR LEGS-WHICH IS WHY I DRAG MY BUTT BACKWARDS-LOOKING AT MY LEGS TO MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT MESS UP ANY LINES INADVERTEDLY.

7)Flaking the tail then scooting my butt back down to the risers, untwisting the control line o the toggle.

8) then i set the left toggle. This gives me the confidence I've checked the line, toggle and riser for any irregularities. (stowing the excess line and making sure there is proper tension on brake line.)
Stowing away the excess line.

9) repeat this on the right side. Front risers on the right hand, rear risers on the left and scoot your butt back to that stool by the canopy and lay the canopy down. Again scooting back to the container with the control line untwisting anything that maybe twisted.
Once your at the riser-set the brakes on the right side.
making sure your checking your finger trap-If its coming out ask a rigger with a finger trap tool to put it back in.

This is important to note that the left and right control lines are even in length or else your canopy will start to spin. (just what happened to me recently)

10) flake the top skin next. scoot back to the canopy (did you get a workout yet :D).

this is where I start using clamps. laying them across the top of the canopy (not ON top of it, but on the floor above the top-where the packing tabs are)

11) Count the nose making sure you have all 11 cells-putting a clamp on it once its laid our flat and all cells are together-clamps help keep it together-scooting our butts around so much we can accidentally drag a foot over a section and look back to see all your work gone and needing to start again.

12) go through each set of packing tabs, counting them and making sure the canopy material is laying flat.

13) check that all lines are tight, and this is when I shift the whole canopy to my right- (since I got my A lines on the left)-and make sure I place my A lines directly straight up from the container, and begin to dress the nose. (this is where I do it differently then other flat packers- i am interesting in trying to make sure I have on heading openings, SO what I do is roll (literally like rolling paper towel back into its roll if you took out too much)outside 5 cells to the outside.
Getting the center cell out of the way I then roll the outside 5 cells to the outside and literally tuck those rolls into the outsides of the center cell -I dont think skydivers typically do this..
. [:/] so make sure you know which colour your center cell is, and at that point both outside cells are inside the center cell-which is only one exposed now (I hope this makes sense-a video is much better-but you need a professionals video-I did use the PACK LIKE A PRO video and did the typical flat packing-till I learned this method-and it is perhaps closer to what a reserve is packed like_although I haven't seen anyone packing a reserve in real life-it is the way BASE canopies are packed-and this is where I learned this method.

This should help to ensure the inflation is through the center cell only because it should prevent the spinning which happens if the outside cells open earlier then the center cell.
Reclamp that nose now-for the line tension!

14) this is where it helps a lot to pack outside in the shade-you can put a stake in the ground above the whole canopy (I hope you know what I mean by 'above') putting one bungee cord from that nose clamp to the stake. - for ensuring I keep my line tension ;)

15) I usually at this point find something heavy to put on top of the nose clamped tensioner bungee cord and stack the rest of the lines on top of the A lines clamp.Grabbing the nose of the B line cell groun and placing my hand in the center cell between the A and B lines I use one hand to bring the B lines over on top of the A lines-splitting the center cell evenly between the two sides of the canopy. Basically this maintains symmetry by splitting the center cell evenly between the two sides.
At one point i was thinking I should do a 'gimp packing video=but honestly I DO NOT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA -I am NOT a rigger, coach, instructor ect. so I do not want to get messing with anyone's packing-just sharing how I pack mine-which is why I had decided to not do such a video-it scares me to think that someone may follow my movements to a T and without understanding the opening sequence, they will more likely then not pack themselves a mal
-I'M NOT GETTING INVOLVED WITH THAT.

(in fact I was reluctant to share this with anyone in the first place but I also know it is tough for us to figure out how to pack on our own-so getting feedback from others of us is good.

ONLY IF EVERYONE READING IT UNDERSTANDS THAT YOU DO NOT GO OUT THERE AND DO THIS WITHOUT CHECKING IT WITH YOUR COACHES 1ST.

NEVER DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR FIRST LOOKING IT OVER, TRYING IT WITH YOU AND SEEING HOW IT OPENS-easily enough-once your packed, but before you put the D bag in the container just grab your pilot chute and roll on backwards in your chair pulling it to see what the deployment would look like-before EVER TRYING IT FOR REAL, making sure your coach or a rigger is watching this, so they could tell you what was going on as you unpacked the canopy-as if during deployment.

16) Then take a bungee cord and tie it to the B line clamp to the stake-again for tension.

Then just keep going the rest of the canopy to C and D lines the same way. always splitting the center cell evenly between the two sides of the canopy to maintain symmetry-and tensioners in place from each clamp to the stake (which depends on how long your tensioner-bungee cord is-12 or 14" is plenty enough)

Because I cannot use my legs to keep the 'stack' of A.B.C & D lines together I place something heavy on the bungee cords.
(Often there are heavy mats laying around that the riggers use to repack reserves-scoop one and place it on the tensioners-OR a carton of heavy parts etc.)
the tensioner-bungee cords to make sure this stack doesn't shift-symmetry and line tension is at stake here. ;)

17) now all of your lines are stacked up neatly on top of each other directly above the container-straight with line tension.
But only one side of the top skin is done so then its necessary to dress the other side of the top skin. Flaking the opposite side -for that symmetry-by starting with the cell closest to the ground and continuing through all the cells.
Now the top skin should be all dressed to the tail.

18) flaking the bottom skin is next, by pulling the tail up to either side to expose the bottom skin of the canopy. At this time you should easily see all the lines getting quite nicely together in the middle. Time to flake the bottom skin.

19) scooting your butt back to the risers, make sure that the risers are on top of each other because they will be spread beside each other right and left to the canopy.

20) grab the slider- and scoot your butt (now your not anymore scooting in between the lines because they are close together-choose a side-which ever works best for you) up to the canopy with the slider in hand. AS you scoot forward keeping your eyes on which side is left and right as you go along and check the lines-making sure that all are still in proper place-they should not have moved because of the bungee cords and stake holding tension (this I find SO useful I had such a hard time keeping the tension and the lines properly lined up prior to learning this method). Once you have the slider up at the canopy nicely place the grommets on both sides on top of each other (both left ones on top of each other as well as right ones on top of each other) and gently place the slider up inside the the canopy. nicely like a hankie in a mans pocket wearing a tuxedo-(I don't mean folding it that way, but with the same care-as if your going to your wedding and you want it to be looking good-this is for safety not for looks though ;) )
Making sure there is a nice clear channel between the left and right lines for that slider to fit into beautifully.

21) flaking the bottom skin, is basically finding the A line attachments, the B line attachments,placing your hand in there flaking it out. This is where it starts to get tricky. Abs are working for sure-you need to be sitting on one side of the lines and canopy-left or right, and leaning over looking into the middle of the canopy without falling over into the lines and or canopy.
This is where it helps to have a different colour on the center cell. Thus when you see the colour of the center cell. If you see other colours it means you haven't finished and need to keep flaking till you see that center cell. Then do the other side, between A and B, lines and between the C and D lines.

I', not going to get into detail as to what I do with the final pull up cord, but basically now you should be ready to....

22) Lay down GENTLY on top of the lines, gently and carefully fold the top cell around the canopy to create a sausage. This is done carefully-and keeping your body very still-good idea to have someone watching the first few times to make sure you've placed your legs nicely straddling the lines-not literally on top of them.... but keeping them between your legs so as to not move them.
Create your sausage like any other flat packer.
Finish off the folding of the canopy into 3rds (again like anyone else flat packing).
THIS IS WHERE THE WORKOUT STARTS. :D

Getting that folded canopy into the D bag is going to be challenge.
Basically, you need to experiment and find your own way. My way is to lay there and on the end of the canopy attached to the lines and start carefully pushing the rest of the canopy (folded into 3rds of course) into the D-bag. That is easier said then done.

to practice for the 'balancing act' try working with those excersize balls-and sit yourself on them...using your ab muscles is the key here. Legs are of no use and infact for us in this case get in the way.
Making sure that your legs remain on both sides of the lines and not on them-to not mess them up, keep on shoving the canopy carefully as deep as you can into the D bag as you can before you have to start getting yourself up to a position where you will place your legs under you (like sitting on down with your knees bent, and but on top of your ankles.)
This eventually will get to the point that once your canopy is inside the D bag-the real fun begins! (did you think the workout was over :D?)
Here it is important to stretch your hip flexors a lot-go to physio of what ever you need to do-but hip flexors get tight in paralysis easily (were always in a sitting position-which by the way also affects that potato chipping and pitching your head downward while deploying-I was just talking about that with Peter H. today-about hip flexors being tight and the culprit in the head down pitching feeling-so start stretching now-as often per day as you can!).

try your best to straddle the D bag and end up sitting on top of it, as you are tying up the elastics.
I dont know how else to explain it, but for me straddling that D bag with my canopy in it is truly like having a bowling ball between your legs and you are now trying to balance yourself on it... all Ab work... and hip flexors must be loosened for this to work well.

after that its just a matter of getting the D- bag into the container like anyone else.

TONS of scooting around back and forth between the container and canopy. Which is why its best to do it without your shoes on-less potential for snagging on the lines then with shoes on, having a mirror to your side to glance at yourself-to see where your legs are in relation to where your lines are while packing is good idea but a friend is just as good... to help you get used to making sure the legs stay away from the lines-they can get complicatedly messy fast otherwise.
Final point is that the worst and most difficult part is the D bag closing, until you get to the final stage of closing your container.

getting the D bag in the container and starting to close the first two flaps are ok but after that it gets tough.
If straddling the D bag was tough, now you have to straddle the container-start stretching your legs as if to the sides *sorry for the comparison but sort of like spreading a babys legs when changing a diaper-lots of loosening of the hips needed*.

I sometimes turn the container on its side, once I know that the D-bag is in there properly etc.
and Ive allready closed two or three flaps on the container. That last one really is a tough one to do.
Sometimes it just helps to do it as much as possible, and then start again. This helps for the D-bag and its canopy inside to start forming itself into the shape of your container and will make the second or third attempts all easier to do.

Eventually you will stop sweating buckets, stretching your muscles into spasms and will start to findit easier to do....

give this to your instructor and go from there. dont take my word for anything other then a gimp sharing how she packs. :D

AGAIN A FINAL WORD OF WARNING.

DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN, ANYONE-THIS IS NOT INSTRUCTIONAL INFORMATION, AND IS PRESENTED ONLY AS A METHOD OF HOW ONE GIMP PACKS HER CANOPY-FOR YOUR LIFE'S SAKE DO NOT FOLLOW ME WITHOUT CHECKING THIS WITH A RIGGER AND OR YOUR COACH.

Wow Minna! This must have taken you ages to write! Thank you for your effort!

As you can see, I have my laptop here on the floor with me in the packing room. Weather is horrible so a good day to pack!

I let you know how i go!

Cheers

D

Packing went great. Easier than I thought. Having strong hands is such a bonus. Weather is still poo, might not get to jump this weekend :(

B|well yah and sorry for the underlining-didnt notice till it was posted.

yah I kept mypacking video on a small dvd player beside me while learning to pack also ;)

My DZO let me borrow an old torn up canopy to practice with-while away from the DZ that 1st winter- and I went to the YMCA gym where I had a membership and they acvtually gave me a corner to use during the kids 'running around' hour [aka kindergym]...which was cool kus the kids whoseparents were obviously forcing them to attend-but werent really interested in the whole 'gym' thing would gather around and watch-giving them intro to packing :DAND to the sport and just as importantly gave them the perpective that just kus were in wheelchairs doesn't mean we cant do these things-the older ones were really interested.

gave me lots of room to practice packing-i just needed the parachute and D bag.

Maybe your DZO has old parachute hanging around that's torn n worn n of no other use except to lend it to you to practice.
That's what the rainy days are for- seminars, packing to get your endorsement.

also don't forget-you can take seminars which aren't necessarily in your progression right now.
i got my night and water jump endorsement cards signed while it was crappy weather at the DZ, but the jumps themselves are nowhere in my sights as of now (to actually be allowed to do a night jump or an intentional water jump) BUT learning is always worth itregardless of what aspect of the sport your learning.

I may never get the licence required for a night jump but got the endorsement card signed :D:D.

I don't know of your area-by the video's it doesnt seem like there's water anywhere close by-but if you ever plan to jump elsewhere later-it's definitely worth it to take the seminar.

We have a river close enough that if things went real crazy for me I could potentially end up in it-very small chance-but knowing what to do is essential for ALL potential situations.

It was during that seminar I learned that because of the crotch panel i would not be able to front fli[ out of my harness leg straps being held up by the crotch panel-so now I jump with a hook knife on my right leg strap-for that small 'just in case' potential.

It also occurred to me that regardless of water or not IF i was to land badly-breaking a leg-[lets hope never] that hook knife will be helpful to cut the crotch panel off-and make it easier toremove my gear ASAP under such a circumstance.

Dale- I've been thinking-seriously that a potential exists for a demo jump into the 2012, or 2016 (?) paralympic opening ceremonieS.-seriously.

Sure we don't have our licences now-but with a good marketing proposal to a company like VISA whose typical commercials state how they help make the impossible dreams happen-this type of 'jump' would really fit that concept of 'impossible' becoming reality....

they got bucks- and IF they went for the idea-which I don't see why they wouldn't-they could provide enough funds to help you train for that exhibition licence needed for such a jump.
Even more impressive would be to have several different people with varying disabilities jumping together- from all continents. We have a great deaf skydiver here in Canada, there is a few amputee divers around-we'd just need to get Peter from SA to jump again (which i think is not going to happen [:/])

It would certainly be a great 'wow!' moment-BUT more importantly- showing that skydiving is not such an 'out there' sport that it is inaccessible. Would also be good to have the International flavour of jumpers with varying disabilities from (hopefully) all continents participate.

Biggest draweback I think would be the unpredictable 'wind' effects inside a stadium setting-potentially a NOT so good situatrion- but maybe an open field can be found to do it in.

sorry- off on a tangent again-thinking of that 'dream' of mine to see such a jump in such an event.

Yes I agree with others- dALE YOU wil BE ABLE TO DO THIS! get yourself solo out there-then the fun really starts.

nice to see you sticking to it.....
makes it worth every minute writing about what worked and what didn't.

(as for me- I'm moving to the DZ next month-to persue this dresam seriously.).
I can truly see this happening for you- it's going to be a day of celebration here in Canada when you get yourself through that AFF-I will buy a case a Australian beer for the DZ here and show everyone your graduation jump video.

keep on going Dasle-this is yours for sure-I believe it-it will soon be a year when you 1st contacted me-we have to celebrate!:ph34r: somehow....

a special jump simultaneously (realizing the time difference we cant do it exactly at the same time but I will scan through which day in Aug. 08 you contacted me-and that will be the magic hour n min. combo....

let's do a special jump for each other that day....

real proud of you for for working so hard for this.

I was just showing your video to our coaches etc.\and someone mentioned that perhaps you can compensate for that head down situation during deployment to put your left hand further straight out-rather then so much the way we typically are taught to put it on our foreheads....

hhhmm... talk it over with your coach-see what he thinks of that.

Like I said on your youtube, this is now truly going to be a reality for you-i can see you flying completely on your own very soon.

I was just showing your video to our coaches etc.\and someone mentioned that perhaps you can compensate for that head down situation during deployment to put your left hand further straight out-rather then so much the way we typically are taught to put it on our foreheads....

hhhmm... talk it over with your coach-see what he thinks of that.

Like I said on your youtube, this is now truly going to be a reality for you-i can see you flying completely on your own very soon.

actually watching it again and again....
it seems that also during deployment your hands sort of went into a 'chicken wings' type of position-with the knees so tightly tucked-the hips so far down,-angled so steeply-looks almost a 90 degree drop on hips-which might be something to think about-if you are able to stretch those hip flexors-our hip flexors typically shorten so much due to our continous sitting position-that its extremely important to keep ourselves as flexible as humanly possible.... stretching them may give you enough flexibility that naturally the hips will start to streighten out a bit more- also perhaps (this I just do not know how to make it-a hinged type system with a bite switch would be best actually for the hips-sort of a situation where your hips would have a brace of some sort which would keep them straighter while in FF but then you need the hips back up into the sitting position under canopy-so the brace cannot be such that it stays in your FF position-so definitely a bigger project then I can wrap my head around-luckily for me i had done tons of training for adaptive rowing which leaves my hips very flexible-giving me fairly straight legs from hips downward).

Anyways, maybe some of this rambling is worth something....

ABSOLUTELY DALE YOU DO ROCK!

IF ANYONE TELLS YOU, AND ITS LONNIE-
YOU FCKN ROCK THE WORL.D!

ok-back to reality- Dale consider it a dream-A REALITY-to put together a group of 4 'paralympic' possibilities-folks with 'disabilties' ALL jumping into these ceremonies one day/
GO AFTER THE BIG BUCKS-VISA sponsors both olympics and paralympics (red bul wont do-their caffeine levels wont pass the freakn drug tests!)
get some 'typical' olympic sponsors-put together a good proposal-go for the big bucks! you NEED COACHING WITH HELMETS WITH TWO WAY RADIO for the accuracy on to the stadium-training
tons of jumps-its all got to be in the budget.

hell these folks throw away tons=-to be prime sponsors for such world class events./
go with ther 'theme ' of we make the impossible happen in your life'
WELL PUT THEIR MOUTH WHERE THEIR ADS ARE-
LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN-we got the skydivers.

Dale-'s gonna go for it, John may go for it to represent the 'deaf community', and that army dude wqith the prosthetic leg will go for it -to represent folks like him (although I dont think there are too many folks like him spefically) and aybe Lonnie might join as a 2nd para-unless the dark side draws us in so deep we cant leave it-we could train for this stuff-\but Dale
-STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!-
and the dark side-kus if you venture there-you wont come out0there you will stay till you die.)

hell if they can stand up 500 people skydive to a birthday party
why not get 4 gimps to a stadium for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIPNmizMAg&feature=channel

Wow Minna! This must have taken you ages to write! Thank you for your effort!

As you can see, I have my laptop here on the floor with me in the packing room. Weather is horrible so a good day to pack!

I let you know how i go!

Cheers

D

that;s the spirit Dale!
when the weathers bad
GO TO THE DZ and LEARN something!
or scout out things to jump you dont need a plane for)
NO STAY AWAY FROM THE DARK SIDE DALE!
stick to skydiving....

go for the dream-seriously dude- you've got the public personality to DO IT.

me-IF i live that long,
will be just as likely to say "who the FCK are YOU?' out my school bus window parked at A DZ where i live till i die,
as greet the media.....

GO DALE! PLEASE,.....

its a dream worth making it reality.

and show those blokes who think gimps should stay home n wait for our butts to be wiped...

that we got a life to live,
not time to wait for them to serve themselves to a paycheck