poocheod

Static Line Round Chute Jumping W/AKA

All,

I have just recently graduated from the Navy's Static Line parachute school. I am recently (two years) an Above the Left Knee amputee from Iraq. I am posting this so that if there are other disabled jumpers, military or civilian that want any advice or have any questions I'd be more than happy to share my experiences, please be patient as I am still in the Navy active duty and may take some time before responding to any posts.

Happy Jumping

All,

I have just recently graduated from the Navy's Static Line parachute school. I am recently (two years) an Above the Left Knee amputee from Iraq. I am posting this so that if there are other disabled jumpers, military or civilian that want any advice or have any questions I'd be more than happy to share my experiences, please be patient as I am still in the Navy active duty and may take some time before responding to any posts.

Happy Jumping

Ahhh Pooch! Five jumps and now you're an expert eh? :P:D:D:D Just joking dude.

I was wondering how that went out there in California. Which knee did you use during the training? ESK? or Mercury?

Gang, Pooch is the real deal: A Navy diver, EOD, still diving, now jumping, and still active duty as well. Super heavy duty sh*t that makes my life look posh.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

LOL,

No, no, not an expert but I did learn a few things, like landing on my prosthetic side is better than landing on my sound side, can you believe that? I used an ESK with the Weight-Lock feature turned to nil and a VSP foot w/ a double-socket that absorbed most of the impact on PLF.

Looking to add more jumps both Static and Free, now that I have done the static I will be hunting for the free fall school, if I don't get it while in the Navy I will pick it up on the outside.

Cheers all!

Pooch

welcome and my salute your way certainfly for the accomplishment of the static line and for the general attitude you hold high.

Thanks for coming by, and sharing with us your time and experience.

Having some learning to do myself here in the paralyzed skydivers division (we're few in numbers but holding our own here), I welcome any comments.

Taking your thoughts on landing to heart, started to think about it and realized that I also tend to favour one side. I have a better landing when I set down on my weaker side... the one which I notice is more bruised after a week of jumping, but my stronger side is always ready for more, and never injured or sore.
don't know if there is any relation there.

welcome and stay strong,
-minna
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works