windwizard

DWR 2009 or 2010??

I have been hearing conflicting talks about which is DWR is really happening. Some people say that 2009 is still set for the united states, other people say its set for 2010 in Europa. For myself I feel that 2010 is the best bet with more time for preparation and saving up the money needed for the trip. Also I feel that it is fair to the Europa people who have been coming to the past DWR events. Please come to decision sooner rather than at the very last minute possible. That way we can start doing the training and practice camps for the next DWR attempt to be successful!! Lets the debate begin!! =)

J

I've heard 2009 in US is just a mini camp for the 2010 record attemps in Europe. (Spain) I don't think they've set a date yet either heard they were looking at June or September 2010 not sure who organizer is, but they better get busy, Airfares are going up, people will need time to save $$ and vacation time set aside to travel to Europe in 2010 plus add in Jumps, hotel fees etc it's not going to be cheap....

That is exactly my point.. That is why I am trying my best to clear up exactly what is the plan and whats going on in well advance of those events.. That way we will have a better idea of what is supposed to happen at 2009 or 2010 rather than waiting until like a month before the event and ending up having everybody coming up with money problems excuses!! =)

I'm pledging to be at the 2010 event in Europe, wherever that may be. It'll be a good timeline for an Europe vacation for me, and hopefully the European currency exchange rate will be a little more reasonable then than it is now. (But even so, I'm still interested in going!)

I'm the organizer!!!
I had several things on my plate (organised Stag weekend, bing the best man in a wedding in 3 weeks time!, to name few). Once the wedding is out of the way, I will pull my sleeves up and get everyone upto date with progress.

I'll be writing a website decated to DWR 2010 in Empuriabrava.

We suggest the Europa more time to make the groups themselves to versus USA! We will post the annoucments in 9-12 months before the DWR In Arziona and we will have more time to fill up the skinny pig bank..so more of us can go over the seas. Not half of us. Start to save$$ Aye !!