teamshred

Adaptive Skydive Manual

I refer to disabled skydiving in a more posative way I call it Adaptive Skydiving. I was a Canadian national team member from '91-'97 at 4 world championships. I've got over 4,000 jumps and 2,000 tandems also doing about 400 disabled tandems. I had a skydiving accident in 2003 not I'm classified as disabled. Before this for para's I devised a Mack Strap System I have now put online to guard against this jack knife affect that has now got tandem and DZ'd paranoid. I used these starp I devised from 1991 to 2003 before my accident. I have also made an online manual that could get disabled with fine a good upper body mobility to a point where they could skydive on their own too. here is the link

http://www.jagworksdesign.com/html/Para%20Manul%20opening%20page.htm

If you could pass this around and email me if you have anything to add. I would like this to be co-oprative of all the knowledge that is out there to build a posative Manual for the disabled.. Cheers all the best
Rod Mack D-422

If this strap is meant to restrain paraplegics' legs from flailing around, from your description, I think you'd get better feedback on the Instructors forum. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi Rob,

Great to see you on board at the DZ dotcom.

My coach Angus and you know each other I think.
Perhaps you'll be glad to know I'm going into the wind tunnel in a month to try on my FF pants.
We did not use your modifications on the harness for tandem progression,
but also I have hip flexors so jack knifing was not our worry.

As for stability in FF, we will find out in less then 2 months how it all went.

blue skies,
-minna
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works