NDfallrate

Chest Re-Section

I am just home after a week in the hospital today. I had a chest resection completed to remove a large, benign but aggressive, tumor. A large portion of my left clavicle was removed along with the top two ribs on the left side, all of the pectoral minor, and about 2/3 of the pectoral major.

I am surprised at the motion and function I still seem to have in that shoulder at this early juncture, however therapy starts tomorrow, and I recognize I am facing a long road of strengthening before even I can imagine jumping.

I'm wondering if there are any sports medicine experts or doctors out there who understand skydiving and might have insight as to my potential return to the sport. Local therapists and docs have no knowledge of the sport or the stresses involved.

In addition to the need to regain full motion and as much strength as possible, I understand that I may need some sort of prosthetic device to shield the front of the left shoulder from opening impacts.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks.