padskydive

DWR 2010

At the BPA AGM, I met up with Alan Thompson & we discussed DWR and we all agreed that 2010 would be a good idea as it give us all time to save up as well as giving new skydivers chance to learn more skills.

Alan & I have agreed to the place to be at Empuriabrava as it IS decent dropzone with lots of benefits... The down side are 2 main things. You would require AAD (You can hire one from the DZ for small fee) and at around lunch time it does get windy but usually lasts for up to 2 hours which we can use the time for lunch, de-breifs, dirt dives, etc.
Alan has travelled to many dropzones & he reckons Empuriabrava is the one for DWR 2010.

At the BPA AGM, I met up with Alan Thompson & we discussed DWR and we all agreed that 2010 would be a good idea as it give us all time to save up as well as giving new skydivers chance to learn more skills.

Alan & I have agreed to the place to be at Empuriabrava as it IS decent dropzone with lots of benefits... The down side are 2 main things. You would require AAD (You can hire one from the DZ for small fee) and at around lunch time it does get windy but usually lasts for up to 2 hours which we can use the time for lunch, de-breifs, dirt dives, etc.
Alan has travelled to many dropzones & he reckons Empuriabrava is the one for DWR 2010.

Hey Pete, sounds good to me! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am in the progress of setting up a new website for DWR 2010 (Hope to pull in some sponsorships) containing as much information as I can input for DWR 2010...
I am also in the progress of making arrangements with Skydive Emburiabrava.
Planning things ahead... Would you please "vote" which month suits you all best... June or September 2010?

Blue Skies
Pete

Planning things ahead... Would you please "vote" which month suits you all best... June or September 2010?

Blue Skies
Pete

Depends... What are the best weather months?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Spain... it's supposely to be sunny all year long! heheh Hence my asking them when A) best weather season B) Off peak times (So that we can get more jumps in) C) Avoiding holiday makers (Vaccation)season as things tend to be more expensive - Hence being at suggested dates June (Just before vaccaton season) & mid September (Just after vaccation season) - with these propose dates, flighhts are much cheaper for all of us.

Blue Skies
Pete

hi, sorry iam bad at english but iam from sweden. and iam deaf. and where dwr in 2010?.. and i want have your hotmail norway. so we can meet and hoppet.

SennaH, you are the first deaf person I've seen on here from Sweden! How many jumps have you made? And, have you seen our website at www.deafskydivers.org?

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am sorry to write in Norwegian/Swedish, only because I write to sennaH;)

Hej sennaH.

Bare send en email til [email protected].
Så vi får utveksle videre derfra. Hyggelig å se en døv hopper fra Sverige her også!!! :-D

Tommy Andre

And to Pad! We in Norway have speak about Empuria before and have be agree that it is best in september or october.. In June is many from North of Europe in south og Europe and flight-tickets is not cheap and too so many in Empuria.

Tommy Andre

Tommy Andre, Norway

I have been at Empuria in these months...
March, April, June & August/September. March was pretty windy (my time!) It was buzzing & alive in August/September - quite a while wait to get onto load (About 45 mins to 1 hour). April - plenty of people about but still easy to get many jumps in. June was pretty quiet, I managed to get 10 jumps in 2 days!

As for those who are worried about winds... When it becomes breezy, they put sign up "50 Jumps" meaning people with less than 50 jumps are grounded. Wind increases "100 Jumps"... Wind increases "200 Jumps"... wind increases more than 15 mph (I think) then everyone is grounded - usually around lunch time for up to between 1 to 2 hours.

but not only i from sweden.. we are two.. i (hannes) and my friends patrik. he is deaf. :)

iam newbies. 25jumps.. from 2007 sep.. 2008 more :)

Awesome! We'll need to add you and Patrik to the profile pages on our website. PM me your basic info and a nice close up picture and have Patrik do the same.

We're overdue for a revision of all profile pages anyway. :)

but not only i from sweden.. we are two.. i (hannes) and my friends patrik. he is deaf. :)

iam newbies. 25jumps.. from 2007 sep.. 2008 more :)

Awesome! We'll need to add you and Patrik to the profile pages on our website. PM me your basic info and a nice close up picture and have Patrik do the same.

We're overdue for a revision of all profile pages anyway. :)

Ohhh yeah - big time!! I see that the last update was in 2006!! [:/]

Hello everyone,

i just arrive to home today and we have a great time at Eloy, Arizona...guess what?? i saw Justin and we been chatting. my team been hard to training for going to World championship in August 2008 in France.

Welcome to sweden!!

please everyone vote for choice the date for DWR 2010 cos we need let DZ Empuira know.

Alan T

DWR Deaf World Record Jumps will be held at Skydive Emburiabrava, in Emburiabrava, Spain. In 2010 The dates have not been set yet, but they are looking at either June 2010 or mid September 2010

Come to think of it. June might be a better time just in case my little girl is old enough for kindergarten. You know those school schedules - most schools start the last week of August and finish the last week of May or first week of June.

There is no way that I'm going to be able to go to Spain by myself. I will have to take my wife and little girl along. Don't get me started on how much THAT will cost me.

If we get a 2nd baby between now and then, I'm screwed anyway and will be staying home. :P