FlyinDawg

Looking for deaf guy

Hello, My name is Billy. I have spoken with Hans at the Skydive the Farm. He couldn't get in touch with deaf guy who from Alamaba, who willing to help me through out AFF 1-7 training. I'm deaf also. I want to start on July 22nd as soon as possible. Thanks! ;)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Hello, My name is Billy. I have spoken with Hans at the Skydive the Farm. He couldn't get in touch with deaf guy who from Alamaba, who willing to help me through out AFF 1-7 training. I'm deaf also. I want to start on July 22nd as soon as possible. Thanks! ;)

There's a deaf AFFI at Skydive Spaceland, as I understand it.

I heard Billy is taking a break from skydiving because of his new baby, just so you know!

Don't forget to check out www.deafskydivers.org too as well!

Thanks a much for addresses, which I tried to contact him. But I'm sure he never got it soon as he can. But Thanks anyway. Walterboro Dropzone in SC, which agreed to will help me for AFF 1-7 this Sat. It's just an hour and half from here.

Thanks again. ;)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Hello Billy, this is Billy Vance, the deaf guy in Alabama. Sorry I have not been able to answer my emails lately. Home computer's been down for some time and my baby takes up plenty of my time. However, I still get into the air every now and then.

I'm only about an hour and 45 minute drive from Skydive The Farm. If you still need my help, just let me know.

Thanks,
Billy Vance
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks a much for addresses, which I tried to contact him. But I'm sure he never got it soon as he can. But Thanks anyway. Walterboro Dropzone in SC, which agreed to will help me for AFF 1-7 this Sat. It's just an hour and half from here.

Thanks again. ;)

I overlooked the fact you live an hour and a half from Walterboro. So I assume that you live in S.C. or southeast Georgia. If so, Walterboro is fine and probably the best choice for you for that distance. Andrew Christain, who is deaf, has jumped there for years. I'm not sure what his jumping status is now since he's been recovering from a stroke that hit him several months ago, but he's up and about already. Because of his history at Walterboro, the staff there knows how to take care of deaf jumpers. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There's a deaf AFFI at Skydive Spaceland, as I understand it.

I heard Billy is taking a break from skydiving because of his new baby, just so you know!

Don't forget to check out www.deafskydivers.org too as well!

Yes, that would be Fred Goebel, but his AFF JM rating expired years ago when he took his 7+ year sabbatical from skydiving, returning to the sport just before the first Deaf World Record in 2001. That notwithstanding, he would still be a better teacher than I for AFF.

I'm still skydiving when I can, just not as much as before. The opportunities just aren't there but once every month or two. It helps that I take care of my baby during the week so I can escape for the weekend while my wife takes over. :P

I overlooked the fact you live an hour and a half from Walterboro. So I assume that you live in S.C. or southeast Georgia. If so, Walterboro is fine and probably the best choice for you for that distance. Andrew Christain, who is deaf, has jumped there for years. I'm not sure what his jumping status is now since he's been recovering from a stroke that hit him several months ago, but he's up and about already. Because of his history at Walterboro, the staff there knows how to take care of deaf jumpers. ;)

Well, FYI I haven't start AFF at walterboo, since they keep postpone and never call back to make appointment. I still interestin' for AFF training by you (Billy Vance) at skydive the farm if you are still avialable or not. :D
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

I overlooked the fact you live an hour and a half from Walterboro. So I assume that you live in S.C. or southeast Georgia. ;)

Forgot to mention.... I living in Rincon, GA. 30 mins away west from Savannah.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Would you be interested in doing the AFF ground class with another deaf guy from Warner Robbins? He tried to get his class set up at Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston and wanted to do his AFF1 jump this Saturday, but they are not ready to be dealing with people with disabilities for the time being, so I'm trying to see if he'll be willing to go to The Farm.

Anyway, it would be a lot easier if we had both of you in the same class. I will talk to Hans and see if that is possible, and hope that I hear from Daniel (the other deaf guy) today.

I've planned for this weekend to go jump somewhere now that my wife will be at home with the baby this Saturday and we'll have a baby sitter for Sunday since she has to work at the deaf school helping get the new students registered. So, I'm cleared for the weekend.

What do you say?

Blue Skies
Billy

Would you be interested in doing the AFF ground class with another deaf guy from Warner Robbins? He tried to get his class set up at Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston and wanted to do his AFF1 jump this Saturday, but they are not ready to be dealing with people with disabilities for the time being, so I'm trying to see if he'll be willing to go to The Farm.

Anyway, it would be a lot easier if we had both of you in the same class. I will talk to Hans and see if that is possible, and hope that I hear from Daniel (the other deaf guy) today.

I've planned for this weekend to go jump somewhere now that my wife will be at home with the baby this Saturday and we'll have a baby sitter for Sunday since she has to work at the deaf school helping get the new students registered. So, I'm cleared for the weekend.

What do you say?

Blue Skies
Billy

Yeah, I had spoken with him twice or sometime on AIM. I'm glad and still interesting for AFF training in Skydive the Farm. If you couldn't get hold Daniel before weekend. It's still be ok have class without him?

Hopefully he could get this post. If you want talk with me on AIM (Dawg Dawson 25) My e-mail [email protected]

PS. Would you do help through out AFF 1 to 7? That's what I will pay for package.

Hope to hear from you soon! :D
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Yeah, I had spoken with him twice or sometime on AIM. I'm glad and still interesting for AFF training in Skydive the Farm. If you couldn't get hold Daniel before weekend. It's still be ok have class without him?

Hopefully he could get this post. If you want talk with me on AIM (Dawg Dawson 25) My e-mail [email protected]

PS. Would you do help through out AFF 1 to 7? That's what I will pay for package.

Hope to hear from you soon! :D

I'll help you as much as I can this weekend, and it shouldn't matter whether Daniel makes it or not. However, I can't guarantee anything after this weekend because of the little one. We would have to set a weekend ahead in advance so I can plan for it.

Talk to Hans about this weekend so he knows whether you're coming for sure so he can get his staff ready. He may be contacting you though. You do know he's on here as "Hans", right?

Blue Skies
Billy

reply]

I'll help you as much as I can this weekend, and it shouldn't matter whether Daniel makes it or not. However, I can't guarantee anything after this weekend because of the little one. We would have to set a weekend ahead in advance so I can plan for it.

Talk to Hans about this weekend so he knows whether you're coming for sure so he can get his staff ready. He may be contacting you though. You do know he's on here as "Hans", right?

Blue Skies
Billy

Hello again. I'm really exciting for this Sat. Hans asked me to show up at 9am to start training and I will see you up there! I'm prepare for this! ;)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Hello again. I'm really exciting for this Sat. Hans asked me to show up at 9am to start training and I will see you up there! I'm prepare for this! ;)

Way cool! B|B|B| I'll be there! You know how to get there, right? It's right in the middle of nowhere. I had a hard time finding it my first time out there. :D

It's a long drive for you though! Are you going up Friday night?

Way cool! B|B|B| I'll be there! You know how to get there, right? It's right in the middle of nowhere. I had a hard time finding it my first time out there. :D

It's a long drive for you though! Are you going up Friday night?

We have ready with directions and maps. We will make sure get up early; in case not get lost and be late. :P

Yep, will leavin' Friday.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Hi Billy, This is Andy your ground school teacher.

Congrats!!!!
I want EVERYONE to know that FlyinDawg kicked butt this weekend both on the ground and in the air.

I was saddened that he only got those two jumps (weather and plane issues) but he DID it! AND he did it well, with STYLE!!!!

I'll let him tell you about the dog, though.

Billy V came and facillitated (his word, not mine) and made it all possible. It was an honor working with both Billys.

Blue Skies and I hope to see you again.

:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Congrats. Now hurry up and get that damn license and join us at the next attempt for a deaf world record! Between Popsjumper and Billy V. it seems you have surrounded yourself with some great jumpers. Keep us posted on the progress.

Billy made 3 jumps over the weekend and passed the level each time with flying colors! He's cleared for Level 4 when he comes back!

People, this guy is one of the easiest students to teach. He's definitely cool-headed. Just what every AFF instructor wishes they had with every student. I am looking forward to helping him knock out the rest of the course and move on!

You ROCK, dude!! B|

Billy made 3 jumps over the weekend and passed the level each time with flying colors! He's cleared for Level 4 when he comes back!

People, this guy is one of the easiest students to teach. He's definitely cool-headed. Just what every AFF instructor wishes they had with every student. I am looking forward to helping him knock out the rest of the course and move on!

You ROCK, dude!! B|

Billy, I want to say again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything to help me through the training! I can't wait to come back to do AFF-4 and more on Sat, Aug 19th. Of course, we would still drive on Friday night. My sister want to come and watch! :ph34r::D. Hope you could still come that time like "I am looking forward to helping him knock out the rest of the course and move on!" :P
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Billy, I want to say again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything to help me through the training! I can't wait to come back to do AFF-4 and more on Sat, Aug 19th. Of course, we would still drive on Friday night. My sister want to come and watch! :ph34r::D. Hope you could still come that time like "I am looking forward to helping him knock out the rest of the course and move on!" :P

I talked to my wife late last night about this. While we were very tired by that point, I think all indications look good. I might be able to bring the whole family out for a short while, if they have a friend in the Atlanta area to stay with overnight. We'll see! :)