Babi

beneficial effect to sight

I have double vision with some irritation and poorer vision in my right eye and the medicine can not give an answer or a remedy.

But, each time after a skydive the situation improves. I first noticed this after 10 minutes in a tunnel.

Any insight?
Anybody???

No, but I made three rounds to a neurologist, ophtalmologist and rhinosurgent, they are passing me on as none of them has any idea. I also had extensive tests, all was negative. They gave me some eye drops to stop the irritation in my right eye. Then I gave up. Waste of time.

It helps for a short time if I massage pressure points on my face (forehead and around the eyes). I visited a couple of other people that deal with alternative medicine (cannot remember how exactly they are called) and nothing helped - except for the skydiving.

Do you see double vision as in to distinct images? Are they side by side or up and down? If you cover one eye, does it go away? How about if you cover the other eye?

Have you had a corneal topography done (map of the cornea)? Any systemic health problems? (high blood pressure, diabetes, myesthenia gravis, MS, etc)? What drops were you given? Do you wear glasses/contacts?

I can think of at least a dozen different things that are possibilities here, but need more information before trying to point you in a direction to go to get it narrowed down.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Thank you for taking an interest.

I have a clean bill of health. I was tested for all those that you mentioned, even the MG. I rather hoped that it is that because one tablet would solve the problem, but it was ruled out.

My eyes are straight (not squinty) but my vision is cross and one eye sees higher than the other. It goes away when I close one eye and I am getting into a habit of closing or covering one eye when it gets to annoying.

The eye drops have a mild antialergic and moisturising effect. They are non-prescription. My right eye feels different than the left one, like it is enveloped in something. Very irritating sometimes. But it is not inflamed.
I have reading glasses and I was given distance glasses which sometimes help and sometimes don't. On a bad day they would help so I don't use them regularly. They are best for things about 3 m away, no good for driving or theatre.

But, as I said before, all these symptoms disappear after a skydive.