Auroriana

I need advice...

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie jumper, and I just did my first AFF. :) I've been telling a friend of mine, Rachel, about skydiving and she wants to try it too, but she is quadraplegic. As far as I have noticed, Rachel has good mobility in her torso and full mobility of her arms and hands. I am concerned that she will have difficulty arching, but I really want her to try a tandem at least. She is petite in size, 4'11" and 100lbs, I'm not sure if that will help or doesn't matter in this case. So, I'm wondering, can anyone tell me exactly how a tandem with a person who is quadraplegic is usually performed? I've read the posts about people who have asked this question, but I haven't seen any info on how the actual tandem would go in this situation. Rachel is mostly concerned about jumping out and landing, because she is unable to stand or bend her knees without some assistance. I firmly believe she can jump, and I told her I'd buy her first tandem just to get her hooked, but I would definetly appreciate help and info on my inquiry. I want to help her feel more comfortable about skydiving so she can join me in the sky! :)

For those people with limited/no mobility in their lower body most times Tandem Instructors just tie the students legs to their legs so that the instructor can arch for them in freefall and not have their legs flop around. I've seen a few different options for limited/no upperbody mobility. This is easly something that can be discused with your local dropzone since they need to make sure the harness would properly fit her, that an instructor is comfortable taking her and that she does'nt have any medical conditions that would interfere with a skydive.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

B|i am a paraplegic skydiver and started off with tandems, any tandem should be done with an experienced tm. (in disablity) if possible. on the first one i tied my kegs together, but on the second it came of just out of the door. no problems.
all that is gold does not glitter
not all those who wander
are lost!