BillyVance

Deaf World Record 2005 pictures...

Pictures are starting to come out now from the Deaf World Record event at Lake Wales, as well as the Skyventure wind tunnel session in Orlando. I only have pictures from one guy's camera that he posted online, and here's the link: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=zjpyfte.3f364igq&Uy=-nlejg3&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=1&UV=176230177375_542631544106

The sign-up to view the gallery is free.

:)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hello Billy,

Is there any way we can download the full-resolution versions of the photos? It only presents the reduced-resolution version of the photos to the viewer...

Not that I know of. I can see that the first photo is about 33kb... You'd have to buy the prints through the service to get the full resolution. They do offer a wide variety of sizes and objects to print on though that are cheaper than what the videographers in the sport charges... I mean, $18.00 for a 16x20? I have paid no less than $60 for that size of a big way before, but the resolution was very high. Unless it was an expensive hi-res camera, these photos won't look good on anything bigger than 5x8...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi,

I like to view them through my digital projector slide-show style, so I need the original resolution digitals... I'd be willing to pay for them... but how do I get all of them without getting prints, for example?

You're right about resolution. I should add, however, that I made an amazing 36"x48" poster from a 3 megapixel source. You just need to postprocess the photo (JASC JPEG deblock filter, very slight denoise filter mainly on chroma, judicious careful use of unsharpen, and bicubic scale to 3072x4096). This was of my fountain pen photograph, found at http://www.marky.com/pictures and people can't believe it came from only a 3 megapixel source... A true 15 megapixel source looks a lot better though, but people couldn't tell the difference from a normal 35mm film enlargement. Surprised it came from a lowly 3 megapixel Olympus point-and-shoot.

But that's offtopic anyway ;) ... What I really want to use is do slideshow through a laptop connected through my home theater projector. Slideshows from digital photos look great on digital projectors, but original resolution source is a definite need.

If anybody from DWR has some original resolution photos (especially photos that include myself), I would be willing to purchase the original digital stills on a CD or by large GMAIL attachments.

Hello Billy,

Is there any way we can download the full-resolution versions of the photos? It only presents the reduced-resolution version of the photos to the viewer...

Not that I know of. I can see that the first photo is about 33kb... You'd have to buy the prints through the service to get the full resolution. They do offer a wide variety of sizes and objects to print on though that are cheaper than what the videographers in the sport charges... I mean, $18.00 for a 16x20? I have paid no less than $60 for that size of a big way before, but the resolution was very high. Unless it was an expensive hi-res camera, these photos won't look good on anything bigger than 5x8...

Well it just happens that I just received a CD of pictures in the mail from John's friend. I am getting a set of 4 CDs (222 pictures) from Hubert Becher in a few days, so I will see about burning some copies of these CDs, if I ever figure that shit out, never burned a CD before, except in the microwave oven! Now that's a damn cool trick! :D

Well it just happens that I just received a CD of pictures in the mail from John's friend. I am getting a set of 4 CDs (222 pictures) from Hubert Becher in a few days, so I will see about burning some copies of these CDs, if I ever figure that shit out, never burned a CD before, except in the microwave oven! Now that's a damn cool trick! :D

If you get bored of this - I can volunteer to burn all the CD's and mail them out, if you'd like. Or you could be responsible for North America and I'd be responsible for Europe/Asia/South America.

Use of a CD burning program that has a multi-copy feature, makes it as easy as removing and inserting CD's without needing to click any buttons -- the burning starts automatically everytime you insert a new blank CD, and a full CD completes in just about 3 minutes per CD with a fast burner.

Don't forget to get a CD from Stu Wilson (deaffreeflyer). It has the photo that I most want, a self-portrait of myself after my first night jump!!

Note: A single CD should be able to hold about 500 photos at an average of about 1.4 or so megabytes apiece. If you got them in TIFF format, convert them to JPEG at a setting of about 95% image quality or thereabouts (no lower than 92% please) but don't reduce the size of the photos. If they are in 8 megapixel format and slightly soft on a computer monitor, a slight bicubic downscale to 2048x1536 or 3072x2048 is probably OK (but no lower, please) in order to squeeze all the pictures onto one CDROM disc. Publishers will probably want TIFF, but us on-screen computer slideshow users will be happy with high quality JPEG's, because most computer monitors max their sharpness out at about 4 to 5 megapixels when scaled to screen size. If you have lots of difficulty with this, I offer to volunteer my services. I have done this for weddings to give discs to all attendees, including one where I burned them on a laptop "on the spot" - so that attendees got the CD's the same day before the left!

Mark,

Sorry I didnt get to email you that picture you want. I just moved out my parent house and is getting settle down. I'll do that sometime next week :)
Billy, I have around 150-200 pix of DWR, I can burn a CD and send it to you if you would like me to. Please email me with your home address.

STu

billy, are you in any of the pics?

Yes. If you see a guy wearing a bright orange jumpsuit, that's me...

Oops... there was only one or two shots of me wearing that suit, but if you look at the picture captioned "I hate saying goodbyes" with most of us posing as a group, I'm the one sitting on my butt in the middle up front. In another one "Hurry up so we can eat!" I'm sitting up front on the right.

Yay! Thanks for the pictures.... :-)

The one of me sleeping with jumpsuit covering my head, is a funny one too...LOL

Now I wish I was jumping...It's offseason now here in Canada. I'm gonna try to do 50 jumps during some skydive vacation this winter, just a question of which 20-way camps are in Feb/Mar/April... (I am going to try for the Canadian 80-way next June, hoping to have 250 jumps by then and another hour of windtunnel -- well, at least I am going to try to see if I can get that far!)

I pulled a few of the funnier pictures from all the available blocks of pictures I have...

Here's some of them...

:D:D:D

1: That's right, drink it all up Fred!
2: Hiro multi-tasking
3: Hiro again, getting his nose cleaned out.
4: Cat licking Charl's butt
5: Little girl drunk at deaf skydivers' party, boy are we a BAD influence! :ph34r:

(not really, she just fell asleep and our imagination took over) :D

More! :)
6: Charl trying to entice the katydid in for a quick snack...
7: Akira showing off his moobs (man-boobs) :ph34r:
8: Hiro getting flashed by some girl, classic agape look! :D
9: John crashing on the accuracy tuffet, another bulls eye for old time's sake!
10: Andrew forgets the price tag on his new weight belt

These are some silly ones of myself:

http://www.zen93518.zen.co.uk/Stu-DWR-2005/images/p1040411.jpg
(MAN, I was TIRED!)

And

http://www.zen93518.zen.co.uk/Stu-DWR-2005/images/p1040483.jpg
(FIRST NIGHT JUMP!!!!!!!!!!)

I wish there was a daytime photo of me wearing my skydiving gear though, fully standing up alone, facing the camera! Would love to see that...

I'm getting jump fever again... HELP! I need a helicoptor "rescue" from up here.... Nudge, nudge. ;)