mdrejhon

Attention.... Deaf Skydivers.... Deaf World Record 2005 Registration (Oct 12th-16th, CASA Boogie too, Florida Skydive Center)

Since a few of us were not aware of this, I'm posting this....

Important!

The DeafSkydivers.org website did not link to this, (I am told there were website update problems). I needed to fill out this Deaf World Record application form:
http://www.floridaskydiving.com/DWR%20e-mail%20form.doc

I found it on Florida Skydive's Calendar by accident:
http://www.floridaskydiving.com/schedule.htm#1005

Two of us (including myself) did not know about this, so I am posting a public message. You probably can sign up onsite at the last minute, but it's best to register in advance just to be safe. :)

The more, the merrier, of course!

This is what Billy Vance has in his database as of September 25th, 2005.

***updated list****
1. Cat Kennedy
2. Colin Wells
3. Billy Vance
4. John Woo
5. Alan Thompson
6. Stuart Wilson
7. Kelly Chrisman
8. Mike Boland
9. Wesley Brown (unsure)
10. Ian Rayner
11. Pete Davis
12. Betsi Turley
13. Jane Chapman
14. Charl de Villiers
15. Mike Sweet
16. Andrew Christian
17. Mads Moriggi
18. Hiro Masuda
19. Akira Ishikawa
20. Tim Powell
21. Mitch Phillips
22. Fred Goebel
23. Justin Gopen (unsure)
24. Scott Butler (unsure)

If your name is missing, please make sure to let Billy know (email links at www.deafskydivers.org) and also fill out the registration form.

I only registered a few days ago, so I wasn't in the September 25th database;

(I'm not sure if this is a parallel copy of Florida Skydive Center's registrations. Even if you are already in the database, but have not registered at Florida Skydive Center, register at the links at the top)

Clicky for Florida Skydive Center: www.floridaskydiving.com

This is what Billy Vance has in his database as of September 25th, 2005.

***updated list****
1. Cat Kennedy USA
2. Colin Wells USA
3. Billy Vance USA
4. John Woo USA (China native)
5. Alan Thompson GBR
6. Stuart Wilson GBR
7. Kelly Chrisman USA
8. Mike Boland USA
9. Wesley Brown USA
10. Ian Rayner GBR
11. Pete Davis GBR
12. Betsi Turley GBR (USA native)
13. Jane Chapman USA
14. Charl de Villiers USA (South Africa native)
15. Mike Sweet USA
16. Andrew Christian USA
17. Mads Moriggi NOR
18. Hiro Masuda JAP
19. Akira Ishikawa JAP
20. Tim Powell GBR
21. Mark Rejhon CAN
22. Fred Goebel USA
23. Justin Gopen USA

If your name is missing, please make sure to let Billy know (email links at www.deafskydivers.org) and also fill out the registration form.

I only registered a few days ago, so I wasn't in the September 25th database;

(I'm not sure if this is a parallel copy of Florida Skydive Center's registrations. Even if you are already in the database, but have not registered at Florida Skydive Center, register at the links at the top)

Clicky for Florida Skydive Center: www.floridaskydiving.com

List was updated with a few changes, along with nationality. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They're the ones that have told me they are coming and have made travel arrangements. I had my own registration forms that they filled out for my database months ago. They still need to register with the DZ though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Might be a good idea to notify them about the Florida Skydiving Center forms... just to be safe! BTW, I have created a tiny URL pointing to this thread http://tinyurl.com/d37pu for easier notifying of others (PM's, email's, etc.) It may reduce the number of no-shows as some of us skydivers make last minute trip arrangements (like I did - I only purchased the airfare two days ago!)

And get someone to fix the website update issue, I want to see my name at www.deafskydivers.org as (possibly) one of the first "licensed" deaf Canadian skydiver. ;) (But that's not nearly as important as making sure you have more deaf skydivers than DWR 2003! Nudge, nudge...)

Here's an update that I emailed to all deaf skydivers, and will post here as well:

Well, for some of you, only a week remains before you're in Florida! How cool is that! It just seemed like time snuck up on us. I can't believe it's almost here now! Everything seems to be okay as far as planning goes. We have 20+ deaf skydivers coming, a Casa tail-gate to jump for 5 days, and time blocks reserved at the Orlando wind tunnel Monday and Tuesday nights.

One important detail though, this was made known only recently, and I know time is short, but Florida Skydiving has set up a registration form for us on their website at http://www.floridaskydiving.com/DWR%20e-mail%20form.doc. Just save it to your computer, fill it in along with your credit card info (for 10 world record attempts and video slot plus dinner Friday and Saturday nights), and send it via email to the DZ. All instructions you need are in the registration form. If you register by October 5 (this Wednesday), the cost is $276.00. After that, it goes up to $285.00. You will also be able to purchase additional dinners for your friends and/or family members if you want. All other jumps are not included in this registration.

SkyVenture Wind Tunnel in Orlando - John Woo has reserved blocks of time there on October 10 (Monday) at 5:30 PM and October 11 at 7:00 PM. Please get with John at [email protected] for details if you plan to attend these sessions.

Florida Skydiving at Lake Wales - We are still starting the event on Wednesday, October 12, with warm-up and practice jumps through Thursday the 13th. Friday morning the 14th, we will start the world record attempts so please be there and ready to jump by 8 AM. We will have a maximum of 10 attempts at the record, which could stretch into Sunday if needed, but our goal is to finish on Saturday so that Sunday can be used for other jumps. There is interest in setting a new VRW (head-down) record, as well as a CRW record. I am still waiting on an answer from Lake Wales on the night jumps.

Please respond to me with your travel plans and what help you need, such as motel/camp/bunk or rides from the Orlando airport. I may be able to pick some of you up later in the week (Wednesday evening and so), and John will also be able to help pick up some of you early arrivals. Also let me know when you have registered with the DZ. Some skydivers are staying at a motel in Kissimmee, and there will be rooms available at A Prince Of Wales Motel in Lake Wales, just a couple miles from the DZ. Their website is at http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/geoff251/myhomepage/business.html. If you are looking to share a room with somebody, please let me know and I'll try to coordinate with others. If you already have a motel room, but have space for others to join you, let me know that too.

The list of jumpers coming, with past DWR records and country/state of residence:

1. Billy Vance.............DWR 2001, 2003....United States/Alabama
2. Mike Sweet............DWR 2001, 2003....United States/Alabama
3. Justin Gopen..........DWR 2003............United States/California
4. Jane Chapman.......DWR 2001............United States/Florida
5. John Woo..............DWR 2001, 2003...United States/Maryland (Hong Kong native)
6. Andrew Christian.....DWR 2003............United States/South Carolina
7. Fred Goebel...........DWR 2001, 2003...United States/Texas
8. Mike Boland...........DWR 2001............United States/Texas
9. Wesley Brown....................................United States/Texas
10. Charl de Villiers......DWR 2001............United States/Texas (South Africa native)
11. Catherine Kennedy............................United States/Virginia
12. Colin Wells.......................................United States/Virginia
13. Kelly Chrisman..................................United States/Virginia
14. Mark Rejhon.....................................Canada
15. Alan Thompson.......DWR 2001, 2003....Great Britain
16. Stuart Wilson..........DWR 2003...........Great Britain
17. Pete Davis..............DWR 2003...........Great Britain
18. Ian Rayner.............DWR 2003............Great Britain
19. Tim Powell.......................................Great Britain
20. Betsi Turley......................................Great Britain (United States native)
21. Hiro Masuda...........DWR 2001, 2003....Japan
22. Akira Ishikawa..................................Japan
23. Mads Moriggi....................................Norway

If there are any errors on the list, please let me know.

That's all I have right now. More updates will come as soon as details come from the DZ.

Thanks, Billy

Looks like a great list and looks to me that a new record will be built.

I wish I could be there to cheer you all on.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Addendum: Anyone who can provide bunking/sofa accomodations for my sleeping bag. Would like to avoid bringing a tent to Florida Skydiving Center. I'm avoiding hotels/motels to save money.

I've sent a note to the mailing list too, but in case anyone missed it. Send me a PM (I leave on Wednesday)

Billy, can you ask John to send me a T-shirt. I have one from the last time you all did this out at Perris. My deaf students love it when I show up at work with it on.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey