clintonradloff

Asperger's syndrome

Hi, im Clinton, a regular on here. i have Asperger's syndrome and i cannot make up my mind with certain things. ive always wanted to do a tandem jump. but i have a fear of being up-side-down in the open. i think ill get over it sometime. maybe with a bit of help. oh well plans are being made to include me in a tandem jump at Christmas or New Year. maybe bring in the new year up there.
Clinton

Talk to your tandem instructor about your fears. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who can exit with you in a way that you are unlikely to find yourself upside down. There are rarely any guarantees... but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an instructor who would feel confident he could keep you head up at all times.

Take a look at some tandem videos. Not all of them involve the tandem pair going upside down - simply find an instructor who is confident he can achieve an exit like that. :)

I work with kids who have AS so I'm a little it aware of your situation. I believe you'd enjoy your experience, but a good question would be, what happens when you are in a situation like that? As said, some things in skydiving, while are manigable, few are 100% certainty. How are you about close quarters? PM me if you'd like.

Keep us informed. My youngest son (21 yo) has AS. I'm pretty sure he'd balk at a skydive, but I'd like to hear your reaction.

Damn, mate I didn't think you were much older than that yourself!:o

Good luck Clint, youll have a blast!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca