BASE469

Mike Sweet-Thanks

Mike,

I can't begin to express my appreciation for the help that you gave us Saturday with Dave. I think most of the great success that he experienced this weekend is solely due to your time and efforts in expanding on our 'written lessons' and providing the translations during the 4 way conversations (next time I'll trim my mustache). If he keeps going the way he is now, give me a couple months and I'll have him ready for your next record attempt :)

Mike, I understand your concerns, but I'm still going to encourage you to think about the rating.....think about this....this weekend I found a way to teach someone who is unable to hear..... :)

Thanks Again,

Michael

Sorry, but it's not that interesting...I suppose....

We've begun training a gentleman who unable to hear, and since he doesn't read lips, and none of the instructors know ASL it's been a slow, tedious process for our student. We've had to write down our lessons for him, and the Q&A afterwards has been in written form. It would take a long time to get ready for a single jump. This weekend, Mike, rather unexpectedly, was at the DZ, so I put him to work :). It was amusing because while Mike can read lips, I have a bushy mustache that makes it impossible for him.....so I'd ask my g/f a question, she'd relay it to Mike, who would sign to the student.....

My student, Dave, was able to make three jumps on Saturday. He excelled in all aspects, and I believe that Mike can take most of the credit for that. Also, on the last jump, Mike grabbed his camera a tagged along with us. Dave was pretty excited about seeing himself on video. It was a good weekend.

Michael