lisadowdy

Ankle Fusion

Recently had my right ankle fused. Does anyone out there have any experience with jumping with a fused ankle? I would, of course, only consider returning under a much more docile canopy

Hey Lisa! I remember you! What the heck did you do? A fused ankle sounds bad... B| I guess this means you can't flex your ankle at all? If so, yeah, a docile canopy that's bigger and slower than what you used before would be best, and touch down on the good foot first on each landing...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How are you doing? I had an accident last November and broke both ankles. Left side healed great but I really smashed the right. Fusion means I will not have alot of up and down motion with this ankle, but I will have some side to side movement. I am looking foward to returning (to the dismay of a lot of whuffos) and hope to see you at a DZ soon!

You will probably know when you are ready for a fusion. My post-traumatic arthritis was so severe that I could not walk with extreme pain and short of amputation - this seems like the best solution. Since the last surgery (7 of 7) I have had no pain - but I am not weight bearing for another 2 months. I am confident that this will eliminate the pain, I am just curious about how much mobility I will have at the end of recovery. Since I have been off pain meds - I am having moments of clarity and wish to return to the air soon