arlo

charities for disabled skydivers? do they exist and what are they?

hey guys-

is anyone aware of a charity specifically set up for disabled skydivers? this is a serious question otherwise i'd be asking for ticket donations in MY name. ;)

but any help would be greatly appreciated. i am aware of the group "pieces of eight" so i'll research that a bit as well. specifics would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!
arlo

i think it would be more to help someone who has been disabled in a skydiving accident - a way to help out a fellow skydiver.

the reason i'm asking is because our friend's mom may want donations to go to a charity for disabled skydivers. thta's all i really know. her son died on july 4th at crosskeys and the memorial service/ash dive is being held on the 23rd. i think she's looking for a way to "in lieu of flowers..." but i'm not 100% sure. i'm just throwing the feelers out now so i have some info.

sorry it's clear as mud. :(

our friend's mom may want donations to go to a charity for disabled skydivers. thta's all i really know. her son died on july 4th at crosskeys and the memorial service/ash dive is being held on the 23rd. i think she's looking for a way to "in lieu of flowers..."

I don't know of any nationwide fund like that. These things tend to happen at the local level, on an as-needed basis, organized by local jumpers who are friends of someone who was injured.

The only national fund collection is for the USPA funds; Airport Access Defense Fund, or the Competition Fund.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.