skydivr78

Skydiving with false teeth?

Hi, I am 27yrs old and have been wanting to skydive for as long as I could remember. I finally have the time and financial resources to be able to achieve this dream. But something I think might hold me back is that I have had my front 3 teeth removed due to a motorcycle accident, and now have a temporary "flipper"(fake teeth, kinda like false teeth) in place of my old teeth. This is temporary until I can get a bridge permanently put it. But for now is this problem going to stop me from skydiving. I have a reservation for this weekend to take my first jump in the AFF program. Should I cancel? The reason im asking is i just downloaded some clips of others first jumps and it looked like they were talking with their instructors while freefalling on their jumps. And I have a bad feeling my flipper(fake teeth piece) might wanna fly outa my mouth....lol. And needless to say that would suck and be unlivably imbarrasing. What do you guys think?! Help my please :)

wear an Oxygen or Z1 full face helment. see classfied ad's or gear vendors. like www.paragear.com etc.

I've never seen a student wearing a full-face helmet on training dives. I don't know if it's a rule since I'm not an instructor, but it seems like they've always used Protec or similar helmets to help facilitate face to face communications with the jumpmaster/instructor.

If the false teeth can be removed and stored safely, do that instead...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The one-eyed dentist says: get a spare flipper if you're too vain to jump without the teeth. Or, get a couple of wrought-wire clasps added to it.
Es gibt nur zwei Dinge welche unendlich sind: das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, wobei ich mir beim Ersten nicht ganz sicher bin..

tigra

I know someone who takes his out right before exit and puts it in his pocket. Hey, I keep my sunglasses in my jumpsuit and put them on right after I land. I guess he does the same thing with his teeth! B|

As a dentist, I see sooooo many broken partials, dentures, flippers and retainers broken because they were put in a pocket "for just a second." USE A CASE! Something to protect that investment from being broken while you jostle around.

Jump more, post less!