Odin

one-eyed formations

Are there any one-eyed jumpers here in Oregon? I've been out of the sky since the summer of '04, and lost my right eye in '05. Lately I've been really craving the sport and I think I'm going to try to get back into it this summer after I shed some pounds (currently 280 or so). I sadly don't know anyone in the sport anymore

No big deal. I am for all practical purposes blind in one eye. (Can't eve read the big E on the top of the chart). I have a natural compensation in that I typically hold my head at a slight angle most of the time. Nobody notices, and it keeps my good eye nearly centered.

The only problem I have is depth perception of unfamiliar objects. (Because one-eyed folks use size of object to perceive distance, strange objects pose a problem).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Wow:
I’m so glad I found this thread. I’m blind in my left eye… At 11 jumps my landings are terrible (LOL, I call them PL-Whack). My instructors have given me many pointers, and I think combined with some that I found here and a bit of practice I’ll be ok. By the very least, I feel inspired! Yay!

When I get better and more experienced, I would love to meet some of you for the formation!! It is truly my dream. There’s nothing like touching another person when you’re up there in the sky, but right now I can’t help but to feel that in some ways I may compromise the safety because i lack the peripheral vision on my left.