obligaited

Anyone Interested? Let me Know?

Okay, I know it is kind of corny, and there are enough "groups" out there, and I even joined one of them myself (gotta love being a "bumpy brother") but I wondered if there is a club for handicapped skydivers? If not, would anybody be interested in a club for handicapped skydivers? I would think the only requirement would be that you have some sort of handicap/physical disability even if it isn't recognized by an agency as a disability (such as I have a pacemaker/haert condition that I have had since I was 18) -- and that you had done at least one jump (tandems of course included)??? A newsletter could be done that details how to overcome disabilities in order to skydive, Handicapped friendly DZ's, stories on people who have had to struggle to skydive. Etc. . . If you are interested, please contact me through this forum.
Thanks and Blue Skies.

People Too Weak To Follow Their Own Dreams Will Always Keep You From Following Yours.

I don't want to sound harsh, but IMO I'm not sure I would want to call attention to myself (and I guess I would fall into your definition of 'disabled' although I have NEVER considered myself such). I hate labels, and probably wouldn't participate in something like this.

There are some people with certain disabilities that just shouldn't skydive and as such I wouldn't think that glamorizing (sp?) it would be a smart idea.

Although I think its great that people who don't fit the typical skydiving mold overcome many different things in order to achieve their dream, bringing attention to that fact may only bring hardships in the end. (I've had to jump many hurdles to skydive) I know of a few people who have said they won't jump with people that have some kind of diability (such as seizures or something that causes an increased chance of passing out such as a heart condition) unless they are 1000% sure nothing will happen - which is impossible on any dive, let alone one with a 'disabled' person.

I feel very blessed/lucky that I am able to skydive, and as a result I love the fact that I can be 'Skydiver' rather than "Skydiver with a disability" - because in the end, being different is not all its cracked up to be :S

Jen
Arianna Frances

As a one-eyed jumper with only 109 jumps and still leery about being around large groups of people in the air, I am curious-what is the largest formation of jumpers with only one-eye?
Es gibt nur zwei Dinge welche unendlich sind: das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, wobei ich mir beim Ersten nicht ganz sicher bin..