iluvjovi

Beginner & Help

Hi, I am new to this site and to skydiving. I have not yet taken my first jump. :o

My only question is.....Can someone who is paralyzed and in a wheelchair do Tandem Skydiving?

I am particularly looking for someone who is in my situation and who has done it or an instructor who has worked with this situation previously to answer this question.

As many details as possible please.

Thanks so much!

Hi, I am new to this site and to skydiving. I have not yet taken my first jump. :o

My only question is.....Can someone who is paralyzed and in a wheelchair do Tandem Skydiving?

I am particularly looking for someone who is in my situation and who has done it or an instructor who has worked with this situation previously to answer this question.

As many details as possible please.

Thanks so much!

Hi, it is cool that you are interested in skydiving and welcome to the forums!!

I don't know the answer to your question, but you will probably find information here, although many have other issues than being in a wheelchair. If you don't find what you need please post your questions there and I'm sure you'll receive responses. Not everyone on the board spends time in all the forums, many only read and write in those of particular interest (so many folks over there won't see your post here).

Welcome again! :)
Peace & Blue Skyes
Russ

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Please give us some more information on you in your profile.

Like, were do you live? That way someone from your area might be able to point you in the right direction.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

;) My step son has cerebral palsey and is in a wheelchair. He has done 2 tandems and is going to do a third for this birthday. He will be 22. He has no real use of his legs and limited use of his right arm, and his body doesn't really recognize his left side that much. Skydive Williston and Deland have both done tandems with him (Florida) with no problems or concerns. They tie his legs up so that they won't drag during landing. He had a blast.
I know Skydive Williston has done other handiabled people also, and I am sure Deland has too.
I hope you find a good group to go with.
People Too Weak To Follow Their Own Dreams Will Always Keep You From Following Yours.

I love the handiabled word. That is GREAT!

I also loved your last line "People Too Weak To Follow Their Own Dreams Will Always Keep You From Following Yours."

Thanks so much for the info and encouragement!

I'll post when I decide to do this.