aguila

Tandems jumping first. Safe?

maybe if you rewind your video,or your friends you will see how long you waited.

Have you ever considered that not all is about jumps number?
BTW. I was not using any camera during that jump ;)

you were not using a camera, but your co-jumper was

I did some maneuvers (no tracking) for my friend to film. Unfortunately we could not avoid the cloud. I was very worried about the tandem and tried to spot it.

So, Skygod, as it's not about the jump numbers, would you come and do some spotting coaching at my DZ ? I'd love to learn your method. :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

How long did you wait?

Sorry if I misssed you posting your answer. :)

Thank you for your patience. Most of you already know how much I waited because the poll suddenly changed. I waited 7 seconds.

How did you measure the 7 seconds? I ask this because I find that most people count in their heads much faster than they do out loud and few people actually look at watches on jump run.

If you were counting 1-one-thousand, 2-one-thousand... in your head it may not have been a real 7 seconds.

So the question is... How did you measure the 7 seconds?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Ok...when are you going to admit that YOU screwed up and not the tandem?.

When you make the USPA change their official statment in regard to exit order: http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:fKbgg5fOqNIJ:https://www.uspa.org/safety/safetyday/SafetyDayGuidelines2006.pdf+tandem+exit+o ... you tell me ;)

Dude - it didn't matter WHO exited before you... whether it was a solo jumper or a 50 way formation... if you drifted over them YOU did not leave enough separation and YOU are at fault.

If you can't understand that, you may want to consider taking up golf, because you're a danger to yourself and other jumpers.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hi People!

I could not read this thread because I went to a boogie. Did I miss any important update in regard to exit order or similar? If so I would appreciate someone sent a summary to me.

BTW, we had up to 4 tandems in a row exiting last. Great!

We did not find any wind at 12.000 several times.

Thanks in advance!

Blue skies!
Gonzalo

It cannot be done really means I do not know how to do it ... yet

BTW, we had up to 4 tandems in a row exiting last. Great!

That is great Gonzalo! ...Seriously.

I am glad that your "agenda" and efforts have apparently bourne some results for you. Even though at times, it did not seem as though you were open minded enough to more fully consider, and take into full account, some of the OTHER perspectives, potentially important considerations, and viewpoints/input that some others :) were still, trying to impart to you.

Maybe now that this is apparently "done" for you though, (congratulations again! :)
Several of us never disagreed at all with your "agenda" - just some of your rationale that appeared to be behind it.

Blue Skies,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I wonder how all those tandems exiting one after the other managed to keep from colliding at deployment time. Perhaps they allowed enough separation.

Although I was tempted to post something strikingly similar, :);) - I doubt very highly that sarcasm will be of any help at all to this brother jumper. I, for one, am at least open to giving him the benefit of the doubt. Soon enough though, I suppose we will see if that was warranted.

"Standing by"..... :P

Blues!
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone