BillyVance

Deaf Skydivers at Dublin boogie!

A few of our own are going to the RoamingDZ boogie at Dublin, Georgia, the weekend of March 17-20. John Woo, Fred Goebel and myself will be there. Anybody else want to come? There will be over 300 skydivers jumping from a Casa, Otter, Caravan, helicopter and hot air balloon. Loads of fun to be had! Come and join us!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Darn it, now I really want to go, but it's just not going to happen since I've got other trips I have to take.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Darn it, now I really want to go, but it's just not going to happen since I've got other trips I have to take.

Doing my best Jim Carrey imitation:

LOOOOOOOOOOSER!!! LOOOOOOOOOSER!!!

:D:ph34r:

Dang it anyways, I hope you can still make it to the Deaf World Record in October... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dang it anyways, I hope you can still make it to the Deaf World Record in October...

That is one of the other trips I'd like to do this year. I'd love to be there to cheer you all on, even if you can't hear me;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

A few of our own are going to the RoamingDZ boogie at Dublin, Georgia, the weekend of March 17-20. John Woo, Fred Goebel and myself will be there. Anybody else want to come? There will be over 300 skydivers jumping from a Casa, Otter, Caravan, helicopter and hot air balloon. Loads of fun to be had! Come and join us!

The list now stands at 4!

1. Billy Vance
2. John Woo
3. Fred Goebel
4. Andrew Christian

B|

The list now stands potentially at 5!

1. Billy Vance
2. John Woo
3. Fred Goebel
4. Andrew Christian
5. Mike Boland (maybe)

B|

Well, the boogie was a blast! Although only three deaf skydivers made it - me, John and Andrew, we had plenty of fun skydives.

John and I spent most of the weekend jumping on Guy Wright's big way sequential dives. I don't think I did particularly well, not like I used to, but then, it's hard to stay up with a slow fall rate when the jumpsuit that was made for a 140 lb guy becomes a pretty tight fit at 165 lbs! :P We did one fun speed star dive where 22 jumpers were split in two groups of 11, with the goal to build the stars as fast as possible out of the Casa. John and I were in the #2 slot on opposing teams. We had a little competition to see which of us could dock on our team leader first. :P Well, I beat him by about a second, and I signed to him "HAHAHA" and he replied with the "fuck you" finger and a shit-eating grin! :DB| I think my team beat his team too. :ph34r:

John and I jumped our asses off though, 16 jumps in 2 1/2 days. Andrew made a few due to limited funds, but we did get together to make a 12 point 3 way for the unofficial Georgia Deaf State Record! And on THAT jump, we broke off at 5000 feet and pulled our chutes at 4000 feet so John and I could do an impromptu CRW 2 stack with our Triathlons! B| We built it by 2500 feet and held it down to 500 feet right over the tarmac, then broke and landed just yards apart on the main landing zone. ;)

On the last jump we made of the boogie, Andrew and I built a 2-stack CRW formation, Andrew's first ever, with John in hot pursuit in hopes of building the world's first ever all-deaf 3 stack, but it wasn't meant to be.

I am already looking forward to next year's Dublin boogie and hope to draw an even bigger group of Deaf skydivers to that one!

Blue Skies!
Billy

Sounds like you had a great time! I would loved to have gone, but it just wasn't meant to be this time around.

I would love to meet you one of these days though. I'm a beginning sign student, so my most frequently signed words are slow please, and again please!! :D Regardless, I hope to meet you at one of these upcoming boogies. :)
~skysprite

Yeah, wished you could have been there, Mike. The nightly parties around the bonfire were legendary, but John, Andrew and I didn't hang around for them, except the first night. Justine and Alana were all over us for a few minutes though. It was nice... [Wink]

You mean you didn't get John drunk?

I could only get him to have one drink each day or night, as he was driving his rental car.

Maybe somebody will get him drunk at CSS this weekend... [Wink]

You mean you didn't get John drunk?

I could only get him to have one drink each day or night,

Maybe somebody will get him drunk at CSS this weekend... [Wink]

a few cute girls and a case of beer should do the trick...

Billy and Mike, I'll see what I can line up for his this weekend:ph34r: I do have friends in high places.

Billy and Mike, I'll see what I can line up for his this weekend:ph34r: I do have friends in high places.

Be sure somebody gets it on video!!! :D

Oh by the way, he likes Pina Coladas :ph34r: