crombiefitch20

I'm deaf

Hey yall what's up? i'm new to this..i've only skydived once and it was Tandem, in Atlanta,GA at www.ascskydiving.com it was a great thrill for me and i'm also deaf, completely. But thank god i have my looks lol ;)

Anyways, i'm so motivated and interested into pursuing a license via AFF courses. Will it be harder for us, since we have to have flaggers on the ground? Let me know. The only thing i'm worried about the whole skydiving thing is the parachute/landing part. i've read so many stories about fatalies related to landing, causing head tramua, swelling, bleeding, etc, etc. I want to be able to make at least a decent, slow, and safe landing lol :P

You can im me at Dnlnl2005 or just post a reply on here.. Thanks!!

By the way here's my pic for you ladies B|
Daniel

Always follow your heart, no matter where it leads you

you'll be fine with flagger for flaring.. when in doubt go half brakes and hold..always land into the wind too.. besure you know your wind direction.
you might want to get together with Billy Vance I lives closest to you and can teach you alot. heck I'll even fly up to Alabama to help billy. But I won't go to ASC

you'll be fine with flagger for flaring.. when in doubt go half brakes and hold..always land into the wind too.. besure you know your wind direction.
you might want to get together with Billy Vance I lives closest to you and can teach you alot. heck I'll even fly up to Alabama to help billy. But I won't go to ASC

Daniel, you'll find that most of the deaf skydivers that post in and read these forums almost always check in on this forum Skydivers with Disabilities.

As Mike said, I'll be glad to help you with anything, but unfortunately I have quite a grudge with ASC and I refuse to jump there. If you wonder why, and have a good bit of time to read, you can check out the thread "What can we do about Skyride?" in the General Skydiving forum. It's quite long...

However, I can be persuaded to meet you at the Skydive The Farm DZ, which uses the same airport as ASC for load take-offs. They just have their own landing area and facilities a few miles away. Just a thought...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Also check out http://deafskydivers.org/ I did notice that it hasn't been updated since Aug. 2004. Someone needs to kick John Woo in the butt and have him do some work;)

Welcome to the skies. I'm an interpreter for the deaf and have been on several skydives with some of the deaf skydivers that post here. It's great fun to talk about all the hearing skydivers right in front of them:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Also check out http://deafskydivers.org/ I did notice that it hasn't been updated since Aug. 2004. Someone needs to kick John Woo in the butt and have him do some work;)

Oh he's done some work recently, he just hasn't updated that little “last updated” statement. [Sly]

What I like best is being able to talk from across the inside of a Casa as if it was nothing, and everybody's watching us wondering what the fuck we're talking about... [Laugh]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban