do6151

Torn labrum Tenden In shoulder

A torn labrum and a torn tendon are two different things.

Both need surgery.

Plan on a 6 month recovery, if not more. Unless you want to be at risk of injuring the site again.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I had arthroscopic surgery 3 months ago for a torn labrum. The doctor had told me that if my shoulder were a clock face, the tear extended from 10 o'clock to 6 o'clock. You can see cool pictures of the inside of my shoulder here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1312653#1312653 B|

I am just now getting into intermediate strengthening exercises with weights and bands in my physical therapy sessions, and I'll probably be in supervised PT for another 6-8 weeks. Shoulder surgery recovery is a long and drawn out process, and you HAVE to keep up with your exercises, even when you're done with supervised therapy.

My shoulder joint has never felt this tight and stable in my life. As I've said in other posts about shoulder dislocations, my joints are naturally loose, so I'm prone to these types of injuries.

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Right shoulder tendon surgery and ends of clavicle and acromium process cut off after separation.
7 months=jumping again. 1 year later=still hurts at times

check out www.spineaustin.com. although the name implies spine, these guys have done wonders in the non surgical approach, I was told that fusion would be my only way out of a vary painful neck and here I am ready to jump almost pain free and no surgery.
Dr. Elizondo rocks.
He may be able to suggest someone in your area.

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

Just had a minor tear of Labrum repaired - March 30 - jumped for 3 months with it no problems - am in absolutaly no pain - have just been told no way back in the air before mid-Augst - risk is tearing bicep of shoulder - so be very careful - pain is not an indication of where you are at