skycurlycat

DWR 2005

oh yeah!! you rock!! we do need beer runners...the more spirit we got going on, the better it'll be! ;)

Billy- have you thought about sending an email to all of the deaf list on the confirmation on DWR and maybe few out there that don't use dz.com will add their names to the list. Just an idea..is Jane participating in this?
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Hi Cat, I have been working on an announcement for some time. I'm just trying to work out the details and coordinate info with John, Jane and the DZ before I send it out. It'll go out pretty soon. John is also updating the Deaf Skydivers website with a DWR 2005 page.

I will follow up my announcement email with a registration/sign-up email and keep track of everyone. I have an extensive database of every known and current deaf skydiver worldwide.

Thanks and blue skies!
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I forgot to mention that yes, Jane will be participating, and she is also our DZ Liaison/Coordinator, taking care of issues with the DZ, etc. John and I are basically the jump organizers.

You can also add Charl to the list. He returned home last December after a 10 month solo voyage around the world in his sailboat, and is anxious to get back in the skies. He was on the first DWR 2001.

Blue Skies,
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i'll jump camera as a secondary or 3rd camera person...

I appreciate the offer. While I'm not sure that you'll get on the record attempts, there will still be plenty of opportunities for video, like on some fun/evaluation/practice jumps and some ground-based footage such as dirt dives and us landing our parachutes... Looking forward to seeing you there!

Blue skies,
Billy

DWR Deaf World Record jumps..

I remember back in 1986 we could only find 4 deaf skydivers... it hard for deaf to get into this sport.. no interpiters for jump course, etc.. so most never try it..

today? we have about 30 know deaf skydivers...

they can participate.. someone has to go on the beer runs for us...

Oh really...........you think you are worth a beer run?

I might just have to head down that way, nothing like watching a bunch of deaf people get drunk and try to sign:ph34r: John Woo is a kick when he's drunk.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

***John Woo is a kick when he's drunk.

I thought I was the only one who's seen him drunk! [Laugh] Of course, it doesn't take much to get him silly... [Sly]

If you could come down and join us that would be awesome.

It's not often that John gets drunk, and you are right, it doesn't take much.

Too bad you can't hear him when he's drunk, that laugh of his cracks me up:D
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm sure you can with his laugh.

I'll try to see what is going on once the event gets closer. It would be fun to hang out with you all and party with you. Heck, when I get tired of talking with you all, I can just close my eyes:ph34r:

yeah..come on John, we wanna see the wild John :ph34r:that FlyAngel and Billy are talking about... you have to get drunk with us when we celebrate the new record breaker! ;)

I hope Lake Wales has a swimming pool on the DZ to dump John in, a-la DWR 2001!! [Sly] of course, I got dunked in first by Mike Sweet and David Armstrong... It took two men bigger than me to throw me in, and I almost took them in with me... [Laugh]

I forgot to mention Mike Sweet and Andrew Christian. They're both planning to jump at DWR. Now we have enough for a new record by the barest of margins! [Sly]

well use shealth technology this time on you Billy.. we'll get the girls to ....opps billy fell in the pool...

Remember at DWR 2001 when David tried to lure me out on the grass for an ice water cooler dunking? I had my hearing air on and David didn't realize it until the last minute and I saw his face expression start to flinch, and I immediately bolted. The ruse failed and the guys got themselves wet, not me! [Laugh] it was because of that they later threw me in the pool ;)