skycurlycat

DWR 2005

Alan!!! Welcome to the forums!! Glad to see you on here!

You're getting awfully close to 1000 jumps aren't ya? We'll have to do something about that pretty soon, won't we? Hehehehehe >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They know about the event. Sascha and Linda from Germany are planning on coming. I'm not so sure about Mads Morrigi from Norway. We'll see after I send out the registration requests...

But first, getting some feedback from the Lake Wales DZM is proving to be a tough deal, as busy as she is...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'd love some status updates because I am planning on a Florida trip that combines windtunnel (15-30 mins for myself), Scott Miller, and hopefully DWR too.

I need to think of arranging dates and bunking arrangements. (A free place to pitch a tent? Bunk at somebody's? Etc.) I want to concentrate funds on the FUN and avoid renting a car/hotel if possible.

Good news. I passed my B exam! YAY!

I'm gonna pratice a bunch of jumps in a 4-way "fun competition" that appears to be scheduled this weekend (first competition, albiet just a fun DZ-arranged instead of a CSPA official one)

I gotta call up Scott Miller too, since I want to also make a side trip to Skydive Deland...

Heya, who's making DWR this year?

I want to be a part of it this year. I've got the required 100 jumps and B now (The B is in the mail now!).

***updated list****
1.Cat
2.Colin
3.Billy
4. JohnWoo
5. Alan T
6. Stu
7. Kelly (not confirmed yet)
8. Mike Boland
9. Wes
10. Ian R
11. Peter D
12 Besti
13. Jane
14. Charl
15.Mike Sweet
16. Andrew Christian

PMS #113
PMTS #19

***updated list****
1. Cat Kennedy
2. Colin Wells
3. Billy Vance
4. John Woo
5. Alan Thompson
6. Stuart Wilson
7. Kelly Chrisman
8. Mike Boland
9. Wesley Brown (unsure)
10. Ian Rayner
11. Pete Davis
12. Betsi Turley
13. Jane Chapman
14. Charl de Villiers
15. Mike Sweet
16. Andrew Christian
17. Mads Moriggi
18. Hiro Masuda
19. Akira Ishikawa
20. Tim Powell
21. Mitch Phillips
22. Fred Goebel
23. Justin Gopen (unsure)
24. Scott Butler (unsure)

This is pretty much what I have in my database. I will have to double-check with everyone. But I am reasonably sure that we will have at least 20 jumpers capable of building a new world record. :)

You forgot my name. ;-)

Of course, I may be only 100 jumps and a B, but I'd like to be a part of that formation attempt. (BTW - my tracking is getting much better now. All my recent solo freefalls were all dedicated solely to tracking pratice)

Yes, you need to contact everyone right away because there's not much time left before DWR. In fact, I held off buying my airplane tickets because I'm still holding out for opportunities to avoid hotel/carpool. I've got an extremely limited budget for the trip and will go camping at the dropzones if I do not find anybody to share costs with. ;)

Have you contacted these people for an update on whether they are coming or not? Would be hate to be short of the largest all-deaf formation skydive. ;)

***updated list****
1. Cat Kennedy
2. Colin Wells
3. Billy Vance
4. John Woo
5. Alan Thompson
6. Stuart Wilson
7. Kelly Chrisman
8. Mike Boland
9. Wesley Brown (unsure)
10. Ian Rayner
11. Pete Davis
12. Betsi Turley
13. Jane Chapman
14. Charl de Villiers
15. Mike Sweet
16. Andrew Christian
17. Mads Moriggi
18. Hiro Masuda
19. Akira Ishikawa
20. Tim Powell
21. Mitch Phillips
22. Fred Goebel
23. Justin Gopen (unsure)
24. Scott Butler (unsure)

BTW, I believe I will be flying in on Monday 10th and flying out on Sunday 16th.

What are all your plans for accomodations, out of curiousity?

A small group of deaf have currently scheduled windtunnel time at:
Oct 10 at 5:30PM - 1 hour tunnel block
Oct 11 at 7PM - 1 hour tunnel block
Something like 8 or so will be there (some people will arrive too late to be a part of the windtunnel stuff).

I'll likely be there for Oct 11, and I am thinking of buying my own 30 minute tunnel time block ($375.00) sometime after 8:00PM on Oct 11 if SkyVenture has some time left. If anyone wants to share (even if you just want to buy 5 or 10 minutes off me), please send me a PM before I call to reserve. If anyone wants to split a 1-hour time block with me, please let me know.

Important!

I only discovered this now (nobody told me, and the DeafSkydivers.org website did not link to this). I needed to fill out this Deaf World Record application form:
http://www.floridaskydiving.com/DWR%20e-mail%20form.doc

I found it on Florida Skydive's Calendar by accident:
http://www.floridaskydiving.com/schedule.htm#1005

Shame on you all. None of you ever told me I had to fill out this application form. Done and credit card sent! ;)

Edit:
- Airplane flight purchased. Arriving early Tuesday 11th, leaving Monday 17th.
- Tunnel time purchased, 15 minutes solely for myself. Orlando SkyVenture at 6:30pm on Tuesday 11th. (I may purchase another 15 minutes, spontaneously)

Shame on you all. None of you ever told me I had to fill out this application form.

Yeah. Shame. I didn't know about this either.:( Getting it done pronto. Thanks mdrejhon. Is there anything else I need to know?

See you all soon.