skycurlycat

DWR 2005

Hey...trying to get my schedule all organized for next year...what are the dates for DWR 2005 -Lake Wales. Oct?
-Cat

Hey Cat! Dates are not yet set in stone, but it's being scheduled for October 12 - 16 (Wed - Sun). We'll have warm up and practice dives for new people on the 12th and 13th, then start the record attempts Fri the 14th and continue through Sat the 15th. We're possibly looking at a 25+ way, which would destroy the current 15 way record. One attempt at the Night DWR will be made Sat night (current record is 7 way). Sunday will be up to us to pursue other records such as head-down, CRW, or whatever we'd like, or just fun jumps. If we haven't used up all the record attempts by sundown Saturday, we'll finish up on Sunday.

Some skydivers are coming to stay for a whole week. Others may come for 2 weeks and go DZ-hopping part of the time, especially the Europeans.

I will post some concrete details after I talk with Betty Kabeller, the DZO at Lake Wales.

Blue Skies!
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

me and my girlfriend are coming over with alan t from the uk, just for the company and the experience.

my g/f doesn't jump but i'll be up and down like a yo yo :)
please let me know when the dates are set for deffinate as i'll need to book the time off work

thanks

Wayne

Hey, does anything change now that Lake Wales is owned by someone else? I need to set my dates so I can make it. Let me know if things changes. I am looking forward to it.

I don't anticipate any changes because of new ownership. The former DZO is now the DZM... John Woo and I are going to be getting in touch with her real soon, and John will be visiting the DZ later this month when he goes down to Florida for a few days.

I'll post some details soon.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

counting down ....how many do we have so far..
1. Cat
2.Colin
3.Billy
4. JohnWoo
5. Alan T
6. Stu
7. Wayne
8. Eric H.
9. Kelly (?-maybe)

BTW..if I added ur name by a mistake, my bad, remove it...if I missed anyone..whoops..add your name:-) Sure hope we can build this list up to over 25 skydivers...lets go for 30 if we can ppl! that would double the old record.
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Cat,

Refresh my memory if you can... Who's Wayne and Eric on the list? I don't think I have them on my database...

Yes, I believe we can get at least 30 jumpers. That'll fill up the Casa! :)
Blue Skies!
Billy

I forgot to add that John and I've received confirmation from Florida Skydiving Center in Lake Wales that October 12-16 is a go for this event!

I am waiting for a response from them on some general details before I announce to everyone.

Blue Skies
Billy

Want me to stick some pencils in my ears and act deaf?

John, remember me for a t-shirt and patch to add to my collection from past DWR events. I have the patches in my office and my clients love it when I wear my t-shirt to work.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

***updated list****
1.Cat
2.Colin
3.Billy
4. JohnWoo
5. Alan T
6. Stu
7. Kelly (?-maybe)
8. Mike Boland
9. Wes
10. Ian R
11. Peter D
12 Besti

I apologize for adding some peoples' names that I wasn't aware of, hearing or deaf.
Billy to answer your question...Eric and Wayne are friends/fans joining in but can't participate in the DWR, my mistake on adding them to the list :-)
PMS #113
PMTS #19