BillyVance

Silent Skydive Demo Team at Tecumseh this weekend

Just wanted to put out word on here that the Silent Skydive Demo Team is going to be out at Skydive Tecumseh this Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, October 8-9, making preparations for a demo jump at the Michigan School for the Deaf in Flint Saturday afternoon. If you see us, say hi... oh wait, we can't hear you...:S :D ah hell, a smile and a wave will do! ;)

Silent Skydive Demo Team members come from Alabama, Maryland and South Carolina. The demo is for the school's 150 year anniversary homecoming. Skydiver smoke grenades will be used by three of us, as well as a large U.S. flag suspended under the other one.

We might not be jumping Friday due to weather, but we'll be out there at the very least, fixing up our demo equipment for Saturday morning!

See ya, and pray for good weather and calm winds! B|

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How did the jump go? I would have like to see that. An all deaf demo team huh! Are there any other jumps planned? Let me know I would like to see them if they get near my area.

Wesley

I had to cancel the demo, unfortunately, due to high winds over the safety threshold. No jumps are planned in the near future, but I did get some leads on a possible demo into a family-type camp for people with disabilities in the Tri-cities area of Michigan for next summer. Be watching "Letters and Viewpoints" in Parachutist next month or so for a statement from me...

I will also attempt for the 2nd time, to arrange a jump into the Talladega super speedway for the Nascar races next April. We were on our way to planning one last April, but ran out of time getting the paperwork completed...

Thanks,
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban